Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Beginner's Guide to Setting up a Local and Online BDO Server

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
when i try to change service.ini to my wan ip to connect to the server, i can't connect. but if i set everything to local then i can connect.

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
hello,
the game server uses huge amounts of resources, cpu and ram, is this normal?

Custom Title Activated
Reaction score
This servers only used 4.5GB ram which is v491.if you see CPU usage is too high that's not normal. Usually BDO servers only consume ton of RAM. Which depends how much it being done to the servers.

Reaction score
Hi,
Could someone show me how to set up server with hamachi ?
My discord: Chikinizme#3698
Idk why ppl always ask how to setup w/ Hamachi it's a tunnel service, you treat Hamachi as if it's your IP and have Hamachi running on the server PC at all times if others want to connect to your server you just replace the IP in the client to your Hamachi IP thats all there is to it.

when i try to change service.ini to my wan ip to connect to the server, i can't connect. but if i set everything to local then i can connect.

This means there is 3 possible reasons as to why this is happening.

1) your firewall is preventing incoming connections through the Port meaning u need to allow the ports via firewall your antivirus might have their own firewall too so check there too.

2) you need to port-forward with your router by default if you don't port-forward your router won't know where to forward the incoming connection to your server pc

3) your router might not be able to talk to itself, for example my router can't connect to itself using a WAN IP but others can so in this scenario you have to play on your LAN IP while others connect to you using WAN IP.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hello guys. thx for guide.

Can one help my plz ? i can not connect to my server in local mode.
When i click tp valencia show, cant connect.

kcvsUo5 - Beginner's Guide to Setting up a Local and Online BDO Server - RaGEZONE Forums

The same problem that cant connect.Anyone teach us how to fix it,plz...

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Reaction score
Sir,still cant login in to creat cheather!

What happened?
View attachment 168912

your problem might be the same problem as the guy i responded too also

1) your firewall is preventing incoming connections through the Port meaning u need to allow the ports via firewall your antivirus might have their own firewall too so check there too.

2) you need to port-forward with your router by default if you don't port-forward your router won't know where to forward the incoming connection to your server pc

3) your router might not be able to talk to itself, for example my router can't connect to itself using a WAN IP but others can so in this scenario you have to play on your LAN IP while others connect to you using WAN IP.

the IP 192.168.1.103 is that the PC in your local network that is running the server? and are you running the client on the same pc? if you are try using 127.0.0.1 to connect. if you are using a different PC on your local network then make sure firewall, antivirus is not blocking your connection u may disable it for 10 mins to test that, that is the case

also the last reason i explained your router might not be able to talk to itself so if this is the case then u have to port forward the ports of the server then replace the 192.168.1.103 with your WAN IP.

also make sure the port on the client connecting to the server is the same.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
your problem might be the same problem as the guy i responded too also

the IP 192.168.1.103 is that the PC in your local network that is running the server? and are you running the client on the same pc? if you are try using 127.0.0.1 to connect. if you are using a different PC on your local network then make sure firewall, antivirus is not blocking your connection u may disable it for 10 mins to test that, that is the case

also the last reason i explained your router might not be able to talk to itself so if this is the case then u have to port forward the ports of the server then replace the 192.168.1.103 with your WAN IP.

also make sure the port on the client connecting to the server is the same.

hi, i already set a rule to allow all connections of 8888-8889 in firewall and bitdefender. but how to do the 2nd suggestion that you have? do i have to put my wan address under network.properties (login folder and gameserver), server.properties (gameserver folder)? coz my ipv4 is also 192.168.1.10.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
mongodb (portable) is installed with the game files. It is pre-configured.

Back