Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Beginner's Guide to Setting up a Local and Online BDO Server

Reaction score
before you start my MongoDB is installed to the path "C:\MongoDB\mongod.exe" you could install your DB in this path or adjust the code accordingly.

1)
Install MongoDB
2) Navigate to the MongoDB path and create a .bat file or through CMD to run the MongoDB server

Code:
mongod --auth --dbpath "database_save_path"

Aznkidd235 - Beginner's Guide to Setting up a Local and Online BDO Server - RaGEZONE Forums

3)
Once installed and running you can use 2 GUI applications, Robo 3T Mongo or MongoDB Compass Community to connect, once connected create 2 databases "gameserver" & "loginserver" you do not have to create the tables "collections" like in the image the server files generate them just create gameserver and loginserver.

Aznkidd235 - Beginner's Guide to Setting up a Local and Online BDO Server - RaGEZONE Forums

if you can't view the image scroll down to attachments.

4)
Creating the admin user to create the user admin with password you can execute the following code through Robo MongoDB by right-clicking and select open Shell over gameserver or loginserver or do it by CMD by running CMD through start menu and enter the codes

Code:
c:\mongodb\mongo.exe <-- path of your mongodb folder targeting mongo.exe

once you see the message mongo shell or what not enter this code into the shell window

Code:
use database_name
db.createUser(
  {
    user[COLOR=#666666]:[/COLOR] [COLOR=#4070A0]"admin"[/COLOR],
    pwd[COLOR=#666666]:[/COLOR] [COLOR=#4070A0]"12345"[/COLOR],
    roles[COLOR=#666666]:[/COLOR] [ { role[COLOR=#666666]:[/COLOR] [COLOR=#4070A0]"readWrite"[/COLOR], db[COLOR=#666666]:[/COLOR] [COLOR=#4070A0]"database_name"[/COLOR] } ]
  }
)

do this for both gameserver and loginserver once this is done for each database you will get a confirmation that the user has been created. Doing this would allow the files to execute data into the database if your getting an error code 13.

5) Configure the files located in the folder "config/" for both gameserver and loginserver
- Under database.propterties i changed anonymous user to false or else i would get unauthorize code execution errors.

files to edit:
loginserver/configs/network.properties & gameserver/configs/network.properties

Code:
# Rmi connection host.
network.rmi.host = [B]local ip[/B]

# Rmi connection port.
network.rmi.port = 9000

# Rmi connection password.
network.rmi.password = 1234

# Server version supported
# NA-EU: 4635
network.server.version = 4635

# Client support european.
network.encrypt.packets = true

# Host for server binding.
# Default: 0.0.0.0
network.host = [B]local ip[/B]

# Port for server binding.
# Default: 8888
network.port = 8888

# Show debug messages.
# Default: false
network.debug = false

# Packet executing mode.
# DIRECT - The worst. Income packets are directly executed after receiving and decrypting. As packets here implemented terribly, it not only increases latency, but decrease overall performance significant.
# OFFLOAD - Offloads execution to a ThreadPool. Good option with POOLED IOExec mode. Increases throughput but also may increase context switch count.
# Default: OFFLOAD
network.packet.exec.mode = OFFLOAD

# Receive buffer size.
# Default: 32768
network.recv.buffer.size = 32768

# Send buffer size.
# Default: 65536
network.send.buffer.size = 65536

# NetworkThread socket backlog size.
# See: http://www.linuxjournal.com/files/linuxjournal.com/linuxjournal/articles/023/2333/2333s2.html
# Default: 50
network.server.socket.backlog = 50

# Client socket options.
# SO_SNDBUF - the size of the socket's send buffer. On most systems this the size of a kernel buffer so be careful! See RFC1323.
# SO_RCVBUF - the size of the socket's receive buffer. On most systems this the size of a kernel buffer so be careful! See RFC1323.
# TCP_NODELAY - The Nagle algorithm. Enabling it increases throughput but also increases latency. See RFC1122.
# Default: SO_SNDBUF(8192);SO_RCVBUF(8192);TCP_NODELAY(true)
network.client.socket.options = SO_SNDBUF(8192);SO_RCVBUF(8192);TCP_NODELAY(true)

# NetworkThread socket options.
# SO_REUSEADDR - if true, prevents socket from usage until all opened sockets are really closed. See RFC793.
# Default: SO_REUSEADDR(true);SO_RCVBUF(4096)
network.server.socket.options = SO_REUSEADDR(false);SO_RCVBUF(4096)

# IO Network thread execution mode.
# POOLED - All IO operations are executed in a special thread IO execution pool
# FIXED - All IO operations execution is spread across fixed number of treads
# Default: POOLED
network.io.execution.mode = POOLED

# Number of IO Network threads.
# Default: -1 (Processor count)
network.io.execution.thread.num = -1

# Income packet header size.
# Default: 3
network.income.packet.header.size = 3

# Max income packet size.
# Default: 16384
network.max.income.packet.size = 16384

# Outcome packet header size.
# Default: 3
network.outcome.packet.header.size = 3

# Max outcome packet size.
# Default: 16384
network.max.outcome.packet.size = 16384

gameserver/configs/server.properties
Code:
# Server id.
server.id = 1

# Server short name (Must be in UPPER case.)
server.short.name = EU

# Channel id.
server.channel.id = 1

# External server IP for client connections
server.ip = [B]local ip or wan ip[/B]

# Game server service type.
# Options: DEV, KOR_REAL, NA_REAL, RUS_REAL, JPN_REAL
server.game.service.type = NA_REAL

# Game server resource type.
# Options: DEV, KR, EN, JP, CN, RU, FR, DE, ES
server.game.resource.type = EN

# Enable PC Cafe bonuses for players.
server.enable_pc_cafe_bonus = false

# Server busy state limit values.
server.busy_state_limit_inspection = 0

server.busy_state_limit_smooth = 100

server.busy_state_limit_busy = 500

server.busy_state_limit_very_crowded = 1500

server.admin_only = false

6) edit service.ini in the client folder and change the ip to your local or wan ip to connect and create a .bat with the codes

Code:
BlackDesert64.exe username, password

then connect and play.

if you plan on making your server online you need to allow all the programs through firewall, port forward your ports if your using a router and your wan ip is needed in service.ini files.

Credits:
@thunderspoon - for sharing the files

@Kirito2105 - for solving the last step (launching client)

@OnFleek - for resharing the links when the original topic was deleted

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Hello !
Is there any thing editing to make with a dedicated server ?
Thanks !

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
when I start local server, everything is OK, but if WAN to do, here

image - Beginner's Guide to Setting up a Local and Online BDO Server - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

Reaction score
Re: [Guide] BDO setup local &amp; online

when I start local server, everything is OK, but if WAN to do, here
View attachment 162175

don't use wan ip in the configs i corrected my guide and removed wan ip from the configs settings because it was a mistake on my end, you must use your local ip (LAN IP) and if you want to make it online in service.ini you place your WAN IP to play same with friends, but if you have a firewall or router you must port forward the ports to allow your friends to connect to you.

Hello !
Is there any thing editing to make with a dedicated server ?
Thanks !

if you mean set-up for a dedicated server then no, you have to follow the same steps.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

don't use wan ip in the configs i corrected my guide and removed wan ip from the configs settings because it was a mistake on my end, you must use your local ip (LAN IP) and if you want to make it online in service.ini you place your WAN IP to play same with friends, but if you have a firewall or router you must port forward the ports to allow your friends to connect to you.

if you mean set-up for a dedicated server then no, you have to follow the same steps.

you can make a guide for vps? please!

Reaction score
The guide should be the same for VPS or Dedicated servers use your local vps ip and port forward/firewall.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

The guide is completely the same, but instead with the ip parts just use the vps IP. :8:

I understand, I'm using vps from cloud.google.comI started the server on my vps on local configurations! The server started successfully!I made the external ip of my vps in the service.ini for the game client, but when I try to connect to the server, I get a connection error to the server!
sss - Beginner's Guide to Setting up a Local and Online BDO Server - RaGEZONE Forums Безымянный - Beginner's Guide to Setting up a Local and Online BDO Server - RaGEZONE Forums фыв - Beginner's Guide to Setting up a Local and Online BDO Server - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

Reaction score

I understand, I'm using vps from cloud.google.comI started the server on my vps on local configurations! The server started successfully!I made the external ip of my vps in the service.ini for the game client, but when I try to connect to the server, I get a connection error to the server!
View attachment 162176View attachment 162177View attachment 162178

It is a good idea to check if 8888\8889 ports are avaliable.(use external service, something like ) If they are not - perhaps you shoud make some port forwarding stuff

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I try to open the ports but I get all closed some help or what I do wrong?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

if the port is closed, then the Java machine does not start the server.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
configure everything with no ip and the ini of the client and I get connection failed in the client any idea why?

Reaction score
configure everything with no ip and the ini of the client and I get connection failed in the client any idea why?
you shouldn't port forward the MongoDB port it's unsafe, your allowing outside connections to connect to your database while the database should only be local.

as for your problem it's trial and error try running a web server port forward ports 80 then on the outside pc try to connect to the web server if you port forwarded but can't connect then it could be a firewall or your VPS/Dedicated server is using some other settings preventing the usage like on Amazon AWS, i had to configure through using the TCP/Firewall settings built into the OS and through their web panel.

if your hosting the server on your own pc:

also another thing you might want to know it's weird but some modems/routers don't respond to themselves when your using your own WAN IP i have one that acts like this your service.ini must have your LAN IP and friends outside your network must use your WAN IP hopefully this helps.

Last edited:
Reaction score
if your hosting the server on your own pc:

also another thing you might want to know it's weird but some modems/routers don't respond to themselves when your using your own WAN IP i have one that acts like this your service.ini must have your LAN IP and friends outside your network must use your WAN IP hopefully this helps.
Aznkidd235 It is because some router/modem/all-in-one do not support LAN loopback, mostly comcast/xfinity's modem/router do not support LAN loopback service so you'll have to buy your own router that support loopback service to used the WAN IP.

About gameserver server.property I assume it only support WAN/External IP, hence "external ip here" which work because my friends are able to connect to it, but not me since my router do not support loopback (xfinity's router do not support loopback).

Wouldn't work with local IP even with port forwarding because I think the server.property reads it as external only for online, but for offline like usual.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Untitled - Beginner's Guide to Setting up a Local and Online BDO Server - RaGEZONE Forums
Help me please, I'm very new to this.

Attachments

Reaction score
it's your java you probably have the wrong version installed or you need to set-up a JAVA_HOME and PATH settings. you can also edit the .bat and point the java paths to the correct paths.

Back