Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Common Errors and Fixes for Game Server Setup

Reaction score
1) Login server is getting packet 16384 error
this is due to using an incorrect client or you are using the 32bit .exe you must use the 64bit .exe for the files to work.

2) Init security error (anything XignCode related)
Ogrefest updated their client to prevent users to use their client to connect to the server files so you must download the xc patch and replace the folder inside the bin folders then run the game again.
xc:

3) Packet Auth error
i forgot which solution fixes this error, but it is either the XignCode (download link above) OR you are using the 32bit client, use the 64bit

4) Mob delay/server lag 1-3 sec
look through network.properties, database.properties and other config files and disable debug and db logging or anything that would lag the server

5) Java errors with "Main" & unknown source
this error has many different reasons of why you are getting this error and i will list them below:
- Java must be version 8 uninstall anything above v8
- Java must be 64bit and not 32bit
- JAVA_HOME and PATH in Environment Variables not set My PC > Properties > Advance settings > Environment Variables if you see these variables edit them and make sure they point to your java.exe path or make them OR you can edit the .bat and manually point/edit the variable to point to your java.exe path.

6) Game crashes when i log into a character
this is most likely because you obtained an item that is bugged or don't exist client side so you must delete the item, to delete the item you must open a mongo db editor i use Robo 3T go to gameserver > players > items > find the table with the itemid and delete it.

7) I get errors when running my server, but it was running properly before OR server runs with errors and cannot login to account
These errors that you are getting is most likely due to the DB the files are very sensitive regarding the DB for example if you have accounts 1, 2, 3, 4 and you delete player 3 so whats left is 1, 2, 4 the files will look for player 3 and if he does not exist accounts 1 and 2 will not be able to login because account 3 doesn't exist.

8) Wrong account credentials (Client)
you did not set the auto-register setting located in login.properties on BOTH game and login server

9) Crypto token error (Client)
you must disable token auth setting in login.properties on BOTH game and login server

I will update this thread when i find out/remember anything else lol, but if you don't see a fix or have a fix for your errors please reply so i can update this thread to make everyone's lives easier.

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hey! Thanks for the useful guide ! :) Got my server finally working, thanks to this. The only problem I have is the huge server lag, I think I disabled logging and so on, but it still lags like hell.. Can you tell which files and parts i need to edit to reduce it properly? :3

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Not sure if its only on my side, but sometimes you even get an init fail with the xc folder downloaded.
In that case make sure you have all Visual C++ versions available installed.

Might wanna add that to entry post.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Who will tell me how to fix it? Forgive me for my English

[UNKNOWN PACKET] : received 0x7e1f, state=AUTHED17:13:32.149 ERROR - Packet wasn't found so... closing.. or not?17:13:32.149 ERROR - [UNKNOWN PACKET] : received 0xffffe073, state=AUTHED17:13:32.150 ERROR - Packet wasn't found so... closing.. or not?17:13:32.150 ERROR - [UNKNOWN PACKET] : received 0x22a2, state=AUTHED17:13:32.151 ERROR - Packet wasn't found so... closing.. or not?17:13:32.152 ERROR - [UNKNOWN PACKET] : received 0x28cb, state=AUTHED17:13:32.152 ERROR - Packet wasn't found so... closing.. or not?17:13:32.153 ERROR - [UNKNOWN PACKET] : received 0xfffff6c0, state=AUTHED17:13:32.153 ERROR - Packet wasn't found so... closing.. or not?17:13:32.153 ERROR - [UNKNOWN PACKET] : received 0xffffe278, state=AUTHED17:13:32.154 ERROR - Packet wasn't found so... closing.. or not?17:13:32.157 ERROR - [UNKNOWN PACKET] : received 0x2de9, state=AUTHED17:13:32.158 ERROR - Packet wasn't found so... closing.. or not?17:13:32.159 ERROR - [UNKNOWN PACKET] : received 0x2394, state=AUTHED17:13:32.159 ERROR - Packet wasn't found so... closing.. or not?

client version 661

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Who will tell me how to fix it? Forgive me for my English

[UNKNOWN PACKET] : received 0x7e1f, state=AUTHED17:13:32.149 ERROR - Packet wasn't found so... closing.. or not?17:13:32.149 ERROR - [UNKNOWN PACKET] : received 0xffffe073, state=AUTHED17:13:32.150 ERROR - Packet wasn't found so... closing.. or not?17:13:32.150 ERROR - [UNKNOWN PACKET] : received 0x22a2, state=AUTHED17:13:32.151 ERROR - Packet wasn't found so... closing.. or not?17:13:32.152 ERROR - [UNKNOWN PACKET] : received 0x28cb, state=AUTHED17:13:32.152 ERROR - Packet wasn't found so... closing.. or not?17:13:32.153 ERROR - [UNKNOWN PACKET] : received 0xfffff6c0, state=AUTHED17:13:32.153 ERROR - Packet wasn't found so... closing.. or not?17:13:32.153 ERROR - [UNKNOWN PACKET] : received 0xffffe278, state=AUTHED17:13:32.154 ERROR - Packet wasn't found so... closing.. or not?17:13:32.157 ERROR - [UNKNOWN PACKET] : received 0x2de9, state=AUTHED17:13:32.158 ERROR - Packet wasn't found so... closing.. or not?17:13:32.159 ERROR - [UNKNOWN PACKET] : received 0x2394, state=AUTHED17:13:32.159 ERROR - Packet wasn't found so... closing.. or not?

client version 661
Hey there,

I suppose this is related to XC3 (XignCode3) protection.
As I read somewhere related to another game, which is also protected by XC(3?), XC initiates some sort of "double-heartbeat" instead of the usual simple one that one notices when looking at the gameserver (CMHeartBeat).

There is a temporary solution, but XignCode still disconnects you from the server every 15 minutes, saying that a unauthorized program is supposedly identified (which sort-of is correct by the way).

The temporary solution goes like this:
  1. Install Cheat Engine (latest did the job for me)
  2. Start it (the 64-bit version)
  3. In your server you should have a BlackDesert64.CT file - load that into the Cheat Engine
  4. Set hotkey for the script
  5. Start your game client (BDO v661)
  6. WHILE it is showing you the splash screen of XignCode, execute script by pressing the hotkey you defined earlier
  7. Now you should be able to join the server, create character, get in-game etc.
  8. It will disconnect you after about 15 minutes

I haven't found a permanent solution yet. I am not even 100% sure whether this will work for you or not, but the problem seems very similar to mine. The OPcodes do not match though - so perhaps it's something different.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Packet wasn't found so... closing.. or not?23:38:24.046 ERROR - [UNKNOWN PACKET] : received 0xdc1, state=CONNECTED

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Packet wasn't found so... closing.. or not?23:38:24.046 ERROR - [UNKNOWN PACKET] : received 0xdc1, state=CONNECTED
Sadly you do not offer any version or other whatsoever information, so I cannot tell for sure.

If this occurs while you are trying to connect to your server, this might be caused by the double-heartbeat of XignCode. Which is why in v661 client I use "bdoEmu Launcher.exe" (perhaps I can supply it here in case you do not have it).

This launcher allows you to write down the username, password and IP (127.0.0.1 for the local server). Upon clicking "Start Game" it starts BlackDesert64.exe with the appropriate parameters and injects the IP address as well as user information into memory, because apparently XC notices changes in service.ini.

I couldn't connect using v661 client and source without the launcher (except when running Cheat Engine along with the "BlackDesert64.CT" template, but Cheat Engine is discovered by XC). I suppose the server is simply not (yet?) able to emulate these XC-packets (and I am not sure it ever will; as Matt pointed out in some thread: it's easier to patch the callbacks than to emulate the packet replies correctly (since we do not know what they are expected to contain)).

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
In my mongo database , i can't find " item table " in gameserver > players > items . Anyone can help ?
4P9YHSP - Common Errors and Fixes for Game Server Setup - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
What are you looking for exactly ? Items that the players own ?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
What are you looking for exactly ? Items that the players own ?
Yes .
My error : 6) Game crashes when i log into a character
this is most likely because you obtained an item that is bugged or don't exist client side so you must delete the item, to delete the item you must open a mongo db editor i use Robo 3T go to gameserver > players > items > find the table with the itemid and delete it.

But i can't find " items " in gameserver > players of database

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Look at this:

Then look at Playerbag.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Idk if anyone still helps with issues but when I click to join server to create my first character the game just freezes

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
The link for the xc patch appears to be broken - Any chance you could fix it?
Having trouble finding it anywhere else.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
How Can I solve this error?

Can someone help me ? plss..

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hey any idea how to fix this? Running 491v

Back