Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Reduce NPC lag in your game

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Definitely noticed some improvements to the NPC lag, it's still there but it's less noticeable now. Thanks for the guide.

Playing on the same PC as the server is being hosted on with:
32GB Ram
i7-6700k

----
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Yep it is still there but i think it is improves a lot... :D with this particulal source never will be lagfree...

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Dear Flyer,
I have had the same problems. I also have tried a few settings in the config-files and startup-scripts.
Thank you very much for help.

I have set AFFINITY for CPU, too.

start "BDO Game-Server" /high /AFFINITY 8 "%JAVA_EXE%" %DEFAULT_JVM_OPTS% %JAVA_OPTS% %GAMESERVER_OPTS% -classpath "%CLASSPATH%" com.bdoemu.MainServer %CMD_LINE_ARGS%

Best reagards
bluebyte

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi thanx for sharing ! Can u tell us what the values in thread pool.properties/ai.properties does exactly ?

----
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Hi thanx for sharing ! Can u tell us what the values in thread pool.properties/ai.properties does exactly ?

If i'd know i'd already wrote on the main thread, un fortunate IDK

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
if insert more value

threadpool.properties:

effects.core.pool.size = 255

general.core.pool.size = 255

ai.core.pool.size = 255

it's make more game server loading time :)

----
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I never said it is convinient and fast, only that it is works XD :p

----
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Well not for me and for others... for me on the mentioned method it improvet a HUGE with theese setup... so IDC.

Also, i said it will decrease some lag but not make that disappear.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello ! Thanks for ur efforts guys
After some tests it seems that this changes mainly depend on pc specs (cpu) u can put any values and verify in-game with the admin command "/server stat threadpool"

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hello, idk if you guys have already entirely fixed this problem, but I did, the problem now is that creatures summoned by players (wizard's and witch's elementals, tamer's lion and striker's clones) don't do any damage to enemy players and their AoE skills only hit one mob at a time, please help with this and thanks.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I'm totally retarded but where's the guide with the instrucition to slow down the npc's lags? it looks like the first post has been deleted... or am i wrong somewhere else now? tx kindly in advance to kind answers!

ps: i am not only totally retarded but deeply ignorant too! plz write the instructions as clearly as you can because i can barely understand this language...

Back