Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Be careful: scammers are here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Hello,

Just a informative post to warn you guys: it looks like some scammers are trying to make profits on people like me who are looking for a working BDO emu.

When I asked for help on choosing a server, this guy Bloodycode sent me a PM, asking me to contact a guy on Skype:

Re Black Desert Online - RaGEZONE - MMO development community - Google Chrome - Be careful: scammers are here - RaGEZONE Forums

This guy pretends to be DNC on Ragezone:

Skype_2 - Be careful: scammers are here - RaGEZONE Forums

I sent a PM to DNC, asking him if he was the guy I was speaking to on Skype, he told me no.

So.... somebody here is trying to use an other identity to sell a working BDO emu he started to work on 20 days ago, and pretends it's the one OgreFest is currently running.
Sounds strange to you ? Yeah, me too.

And before telling that his name is DNC, he told me he was named BMC:

Be careful scammers are here - RaGEZONE - MMO development community - Google Chrome - Be careful: scammers are here - RaGEZONE Forums

So it looks like he's trying to use multiple identities. I just sent a PM to BMC too, waiting for his answer.

PS: of course, I remain interested in a working emu, now or in the future ! :)

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Reaction score
@Shoelace
Mind taking a look at members telling members to contact a fake me?
Appreciate any assist.

BloodyCode
I best not see you telling people to contact me like this again. Scamming is BS.
That isn't me they're contacting and you ought to know it.
Scammers and Scammer Accomplices, total butt-bags in my book.

I put in a formal report, as I'm tired of seeing assholes that scam.

Report as follows:

Member "Via Nais" wrote this thread to warn people.
Member "BloodyCode" is PM'ing members on this forum, giving them "fake contact information" of myself and others to contact someone on Skype. The skype image shows Bola , cmb , and myself mentioned. Being we're all Developer status, most members may not even question the legitimacy of the situation.
Scamming members is always bad, but using the forum PM's to scam users of the community is even worse.
Member "BloodyCode" needs to have his butt banned.

I want an apology as well.

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
It's sad to see that people trying to scam. It's better to learn how to program instead of pretending to wannabe a Developer cause they have no cash..
That dude deserve a ban or at least apologize publicly..

Upvote 0
Banned
Banned
Reaction score
i have that guy in my skype.
here is his account:
ran_project_x - Be careful: scammers are here - RaGEZONE Forums
just inform everyone in ragezone, and be carefull

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Upvote 0
[emoji848]
Legend
Reaction score
We're currently investigating on this specific case.

Generally speaking this is nothing out of the ordinary anymore really. Scammers are about impossible to track down when they run their business via PMs. One of the worst contributing factors to this is the limited ability of the current forum software.

Here is what I originally stated regarding the scammer situation:
I don't know how many times scammers were the topic here already. In every section where it is / has been a problem you see a sticky on the main section, warning people about possible scammers. And then there is this thread on the front desk too: http://forum.ragezone.com/f71/warning-scamming-via-private-messages-1106622/

At some point the options we have against scammers are exhausted. We can't go and ban everyone out of a suspicion. We need proof provided by the victims. And even then it's theoretically not our business what people do outside of RZ. We step in the most cases nonetheless.

I would highly recommend to the people being scammed:

• Report the PM traffic with the scammer (yes you can report PMs)
    This is one of the best methods of reporting a scammer to us. We instantly see the PM and the user connected with it.​
  • Get in touch with the moderator of the section in question
    You see who that is if you scroll down all the way to the online user list under "Moderators of this Forum":
    Via Nais - Be careful: scammers are here - RaGEZONE Forums

These people don't bite! PM them with your matter.​
  • Provide as much proof (screenshots) as you can

Via Nais Thanks for giving a heads-up to everyone else. I guess this section could've done with a scammer warning from the very first day.

From our perspective it gets annoying dealing with these kind of issues at some point, really. It's disgusting how some people make their living and it becomes even more annoying when you can't do something that fixes the issue for a longer time.

So far please double or even tripple check such PMs / contact requests. Users given the developer rank are hand-picked trusted people who are extremely unlikely to ever PM you or ask you to add them on another communication platform. (Someone showing you a screenshot of his forum name as proof is very likely impersonating)

Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Yeah, at the first time I was keen on becoming confident, and then he began to use a name, and another, and to write nonsenses...

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back