Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Help] How to compile Java to Class in Eclipse Workspace?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
As the title suggests, would anyone here be kind enough to show me a step by step guide on how to compile a pre-existing .java file to .class properly?

(e.g) "playersaveservice.java to playersaveservice.class". I use "Eclipse Workspace" unless there is another software people use to edit these type of files. In this particular file I am trying to change the default character creation level to say "Level 10". After editing a part of the text of the .java, how can I compile it back to .class file properly so that it works when I put it back into the worldserver.jar or gameserver.jar?

Thanks for any assist and guidance. (below is what I am trying to edit as example)

Guyvgmj - [Help] How to compile Java to Class in Eclipse Workspace? - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
As the title suggests, would anyone here be kind enough to show me a step by step guide on how to compile a pre-existing .java file to .class properly?

(e.g) "playersaveservice.java to playersaveservice.class". I use "Eclipse Workspace" unless there is another software people use to edit these type of files. In this particular file I am trying to change the default character creation level to say "Level 10". After editing a part of the text of the .java, how can I compile it back to .class file properly so that it works when I put it back into the worldserver.jar or gameserver.jar?

Thanks for any assist and guidance. (below is what I am trying to edit as example)

Guyvgmj - [Help] How to compile Java to Class in Eclipse Workspace? - RaGEZONE Forums

if you want to compile just one file, you need to provide fake dependencies so code will compile. those fake deps are just for compilation, at runtime you need the real stuff that should already exist.

you dont need eclipse to compile stuff, just the jdk. in the bin folder you can find javac.exe, use it from the console.

with eclipse you can enable automatic building and it will build every time you save the file to whatever output folder you configured (bin by default). look at the Project menu entry.

the internet is full of tutorials for this stuff. written or video:

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Back