Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Help to make it online

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hi i have a VM in AWS but i dont know wich port in need to foward and how to configure the server to make it online anyone can help me? thanks in advance for you help

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey Hiro,

For starters, I'd like to recommend you a Windows VM. That's the easiest to start off with for those new in the server business. If you've got a Windows VM from AWS, you're good to go.
Log into the Windows VM using the remote console or RDP. Then download/copy your emulator files to there. Go into your emulator folder and check the following files:
1) /gameserver/bin/configs/network.properties - forward the port behind: network.port =
Note: don't forward the RMI or database ports, unless you want to risk security by exposing your database!
2) /loginserver/bin/configs/network.properties - forward the port behind: network.port =

For the forward, choose the TCP/UDP combi forward. You'll probably need to forward in two places: the Windows Firewall and the firewall from AWS/your router.

In case you're using the default ports, those are as follows: 8888 (loginserver), 8889 (gameserver), 80 (website), 443 (website).
In the same case, do not forward the following ports: 3306 (MySQL database), 27017 (MongoDB), 9000 (RMI).

I hope this helps you. Good luck with your setup! Let me know if you need any more help.

Upvote 0
Back