Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Need help on Welcome message - choose channel - Remove those texts

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Need help on removing these welcome messages.

BdY6h07 - Need help on Welcome message - choose channel - Remove those texts - RaGEZONE Forums

I tried disabling channels at gameserver/bin/configs/chat.properties, channel_enable = false, but no luck.
I hope this not written on client:*:

Thanks!

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
(⌐■_■)
Reaction score
i believe it's in chat.properties as you said
make sure that you saved the file and restart server
also make sure that the file isn't read only or in C partition that you have to gain sufficient permissions

if none of them works then head to core>configs>chatconfig.java in src
also check core>network>sendable>SMChangeServerExpAndItemDropPercent.java
i've seen some system chat methods in there ( ik it's weird that could be in change rates packet :/)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
@NourAyman Thanks! but I'm not sure on the SMChangeServerExpAndItemDropPercent.java, but i'll try to mess around it.

After some searching I manage to find two files that may responsible for those chats.
com\bdoemu\gameserver\model\creature\player\Players.java (LINE 1198), and
com\bdoemu\gameserver\model\chat\ChatChannelController.java

I'll try to edit the Players.java since my goals is to rename the sender of those chats, and recompile.
I have never recompile java before so it may take a bit of learning tho. lol.

Will report here after I recompile.

Upvote 0
(⌐■_■)
Reaction score
I recommend using Intellij IDEA to be aware of implementations and view a clearer code.
best of luck.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
dSxb1hl - Need help on Welcome message - choose channel - Remove those texts - RaGEZONE Forums

Done. Got to edit : com\bdoemu\gameserver\model\creature\player\Players.java (LINE 1198), and recompile.

Attachments

Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I can't find those files... the "model" folder doesn't exist in my Gamserver folder.

mysteriocrude - Need help on Welcome message - choose channel - Remove those texts - RaGEZONE Forums
mysteriocrude - Need help on Welcome message - choose channel - Remove those texts - RaGEZONE Forums
http://www.noelshack.com/2018-02-1-1515416141-players-java-resultats-de-la-recherche-dans-bdo-server-clover.jpg

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
dSxb1hl - Need help on Welcome message - choose channel - Remove those texts - RaGEZONE Forums

Done. Got to edit : com\bdoemu\gameserver\model\creature\player\Players.java (LINE 1198), and recompile.
Explain, please, in steps how to do recompile?

Attachments

Upvote 0
Back