Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

is it possible to install in linux?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello, someone already tested in Linux I want to know if possible
(Sorry for my bad English)

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Like @papka said

Debian went fine
---------
java-package
make-jpkg
Java JDK 1.8_u152
mongodb

Set your JAVA_HOME and locale properly before installing the above
How can I run the. bat on Linux?

Upvote 0
Reaction score
You don't.
You run the shell files.
Login to the server using putty (if its remote)

You'll need to replace 2 files.
remove whateverfolderserverisin/gameserver/bin/gameserver <-- small shell file without extension
remove whateverfolderserverisin/loginsserver/bin/logins.sh <--- small shell file

download shellscripts.zip file from attachment
You might need to upload using WinSCP
upload to the linux box.

unzip the shellscripts.zip file (contains 2 shell scripts), command prompt type:
unzip shellscripts.zip
put appropriate file into the 2 above mentioned folders (where you removed the other 2)
while in the whateverfolderserverisin/gameserver/bin folder and at command prompt type:
chmod +rwx gameserver.sh
while in the whateverfolderserverisin/loginserver/bin folder and at command prompt, type:
chmod +rwx loginserver.sh

if you remote into the server:
at the command prompt:
cd whateverfolderserverisin/loginserver/bin
there is a period at the beginning of this command---> ./login.sh &
cd whateverfolderserverisin/gameserver/bin
there is a period at the beginning of this command---> ./gameserver.sh &

Once both stop spewing crap on your terminal window and you see the game server stating its running type:
type --> ps
(second field is PID or process id) we'll call it PID#1 and PID#2
(note that there will be 2 java processes in the output, note both PID#'s you will use them both on separate lines)
type --> disown PID#1
type --> disown PID#2
Now you can safely log out of the console window

Line 31 in the gameserver.sh file

You may need to edit the file and change the highlighted in red portion:
Code:
DEFAULT_JVM_OPTS='"-DLog4jContextSelector=org.apache.logging.log4j.core.async.AsyncLoggerContextSelector" "-server" [COLOR="#FF0000"]"-Xms12g" "-Xmx90g"[/COLOR]'

Depending on the amount of ram your box has (just remember to leave enough ram for mongo, loginserver, and the operating system)

sabracx
Hit refresh on this post.
:0)

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
You don't.
You run the shell files.
Login to the server using putty (if its remote)

You'll need to replace 2 files.
remove whateverfolderserverisin/gameserver/bin/gameserver <-- small shell file without extension
remove whateverfolderserverisin/loginsserver/bin/logins.sh <--- small shell file

download shellscripts.zip file from attachment
You might need to upload using WinSCP
upload to the linux box.

unzip the shellscripts.zip file (contains 2 shell scripts), command prompt type:
unzip shellscripts.zip
put appropriate file into the 2 above mentioned folders (where you removed the other 2)
while in the whateverfolderserverisin/gameserver/bin folder and at command prompt type:
chmod +rwx gameserver.sh
while in the whateverfolderserverisin/loginserver/bin folder and at command prompt, type:
chmod +rwx loginserver.sh

if you remote into the server:
at the command prompt:
cd whateverfolderserverisin/loginserver/bin
there is a period at the beginning of this command---> ./login.sh &
cd whateverfolderserverisin/gameserver/bin
there is a period at the beginning of this command---> ./gameserver.sh &

Once both stop spewing crap on your terminal window and you see the game server stating its running type:
type --> ps
(second field is PID or process id) we'll call it PID#1 and PID#2
(note that there will be 2 java processes in the output, note both PID#'s you will use them both on separate lines)
type --> disown PID#1
type --> disown PID#2
Now you can safely log out of the console window

Line 31 in the gameserver.sh file

You may need to edit the file and change the highlighted in red portion:
Code:
DEFAULT_JVM_OPTS='"-DLog4jContextSelector=org.apache.logging.log4j.core.async.AsyncLoggerContextSelector" "-server" [COLOR=#FF0000]"-Xms12g" "-Xmx90g"[/COLOR]'

Depending on the amount of ram your box has (just remember to leave enough ram for mongo, loginserver, and the operating system)

@sabracx
Hit refresh on this post.
:0)
Wonderful response and help thank you very much the help I hope this works for others who want to use Linux, my box is 8GB that amount you recommend me put?
11:28:28.843 INFO - Loaded 0 master marketplace items.11:28:28.856 INFO - ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------={ ItemData Loading }11:28:29.001 INFO - ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------={ ContentsGroupOptionData Loading }11:28:29.080 INFO - Loaded 244 ContentsGroupOptionData's11:28:32.838 INFO - Loaded 23340 ItemEnchantTemplate's from 1_LongSword table11:28:34.201 INFO - Loaded 9847 ItemEnchantTemplate's from 2_Blunt table11:28:34.383 INFO - Loaded 1009 ItemEnchantTemplate's from 3_TwoHandSword table11:28:34.586 INFO - Loaded 1659 ItemEnchantTemplate's from 4_Bow table11:28:34.642 INFO - Loaded 201 ItemEnchantTemplate's from 5_Dagger table11:28:36.091 WARN - Accept condition [checkcompetition] is unimplemented! ()11:28:50.065 WARN - Accept condition [checkSpecialCharacter] is unimplemented! ()Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM warning: INFO: os::commit_memory(0x000000079aa80000, 626524160, 0) failed; error='Cannot allocate memory' (errno=12)## There is insufficient memory for the Java Runtime Environment to continue.# Native memory allocation (mmap) failed to map 626524160 bytes for committing reserved memory.# An error report file with more information is saved as:# /home/feli/Documents/blackdeser/Server/gameserver/bin/hs_err_pid13367.log

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------11:36:39.864 ERROR - Error while starting network thread java.net.BindException: Cannot assign requested address at sun.nio.ch.Net.bind0(Native Method) ~[?:1.8.0_152] at sun.nio.ch.Net.bind(Net.java:433) ~[?:1.8.0_152] at sun.nio.ch.Net.bind(Net.java:425) ~[?:1.8.0_152] at sun.nio.ch.ServerSocketChannelImpl.bind(ServerSocketChannelImpl.java:223) ~[?:1.8.0_152] at io.netty.channel.socket.nio.NioServerSocketChannel.doBind(NioServerSocketChannel.java:128) ~[netty-all-4.1.12.Final.jar:4.1.12.Final] at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannel$AbstractUnsafe.bind(AbstractChannel.java:554) ~[netty-all-4.1.12.Final.jar:4.1.12.Final] at io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelPipeline$HeadContext.bind(DefaultChannelPipeline.java:1258) ~[netty-all-4.1.12.Final.jar:4.1.12.Final] at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.invokeBind(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:501) ~[netty-all-4.1.12.Final.jar:4.1.12.Final] at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.bind(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:486) ~[netty-all-4.1.12.Final.jar:4.1.12.Final] at io.netty.handler.logging.LoggingHandler.bind(LoggingHandler.java:191) ~[netty-all-4.1.12.Final.jar:4.1.12.Final] at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.invokeBind(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:501) ~[netty-all-4.1.12.Final.jar:4.1.12.Final] at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.bind(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:486) ~[netty-all-4.1.12.Final.jar:4.1.12.Final] at io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelPipeline.bind(DefaultChannelPipeline.java:980) ~[netty-all-4.1.12.Final.jar:4.1.12.Final] at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannel.bind(AbstractChannel.java:250) ~[netty-all-4.1.12.Final.jar:4.1.12.Final] at io.netty.bootstrap.AbstractBootstrap$2.run(AbstractBootstrap.java:365) ~[netty-all-4.1.12.Final.jar:4.1.12.Final] at io.netty.util.concurrent.AbstractEventExecutor.safeExecute(AbstractEventExecutor.java:163) ~[netty-all-4.1.12.Final.jar:4.1.12.Final] at io.netty.util.concurrent.SingleThreadEventExecutor.runAllTasks(SingleThreadEventExecutor.java:403) ~[netty-all-4.1.12.Final.jar:4.1.12.Final] at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.run(NioEventLoop.java:462) ~[netty-all-4.1.12.Final.jar:4.1.12.Final] at io.netty.util.concurrent.SingleThreadEventExecutor$5.run(SingleThreadEventExecutor.java:858) ~[netty-all-4.1.12.Final.jar:4.1.12.Final] at io.netty.util.concurrent.DefaultThreadFactory$DefaultRunnableDecorator.run(DefaultThreadFactory.java:138) ~[netty-all-4.1.12.Final.jar:4.1.12.Final] at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748) [?:1.8.0_152]11:36:39.867 INFO - Server loaded in 16,304 millisecond(s).11:36:40.109 INFO - Login server listening for gameserver's connections at port 9000

Config
gameserver.sh DEFAULT_JVM_OPTS='"-DLog4jContextSelector=org.apache.logging.log4j.core.async.AsyncLoggerContextSelector" "-server" "-Xms1G" "-Xmx5G"'

Last edited:
Reactions: DNC
Upvote 0
Reaction score
If its only 8 gb ram and its in a virtual machine, probably wont happen.
If its only 8 gb ram and its the only operating system running, you could probably use 6gb (but expect a large hit to your cpu).

I've noticed that 1 player and the server being allowed to use only what it needs to, it sits around 10.5 to 11 gb ram.

Each machine used by yourself and others, may or may not handle the server running with those settings.

It wouldn't be fair to say you can or cannot get it to function, as I don't know the extent of how this server runs on other machine environments.

Side note:
If you run the client on the same machine ( the client uses around 3 gb ram +- )
You'll need to play it by ear, perhaps set it to 4 gb ram for gameserver and test.

There is insufficient memory for the Java Runtime Environment to continue

That pretty much answered that question.

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
If its only 8 gb ram and its the only operating system running, you could probably use 6gb (but expect a large hit to your cpu).

I've noticed that 1 player and the server being allowed to use only what it needs to, it sits around 10.5 to 11 gb ram.

Each machine used by yourself and others, may or may not handle the server running with those settings.

It wouldn't be fair to say you can or cannot get it to function, as I don't know the extent of how this server runs on other machine environments.

Side note:
If you run the client on the same machine ( the client uses around 3 gb ram +- )
You'll need to play it by ear, perhaps set it to 4 gb ram for gameserver and test.

I have these problems with Java, had even the config of your patch apparently why the RAM error, thanks

Because I throw this Java error?
View attachment error java.txt

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
If you have not replaced the original 2 shell scripts, with the ones in the above attachment.
The original files use several incorrect command line options, that do not work.
You may still need to update your configs as well.
I already solve it correctly, my configuration had an error, thank you very much for the help.

Reactions: DNC
Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Side note:

It is very kind of u,thanks man. just one question.if possible the linux is better than windows? i think it will be fast and safe. any other different? thanks.

Upvote 0
Elite Diviner
Reaction score
@DNC, Great thanks for confirmation, i was looking for this! is there any bugs you found since working in Linux? thanks for sharing...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello guys,

it also runs on Centos 7 on VMWare Workstation. But I have some problems.
I cannot connect to gameserver. I get some error-messages.

When I start the 64-bit client I get the error-message of corrupted files.
When I start the 32-bit client I get the error-message "Failed connect to server" after login.

I am using the client from Ogrefest and the repack of DevilSpeak.
It's not my first game-server. I have edited all the necessary files.

I have read that here a some members who have the same problem.
Did anybody found any solution.

Have a nice day and a nice weekend
bluebyte

Perhaps the xc-Patch???

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Elite Diviner
Reaction score
can't help you yet still working out with client's torrent downloading... surely i will use debian and its variant i will make review later...

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Solution found.
I replaced the xc-folder with the patched xc-folder.

Have a nice day and have a nice weekend

bluebyte

Dear gunse,

debian is also a good distribution.
I prefer debian and Centos.
Centos is the free distribution of Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL).
Some years ago, I preferred SuSE and open-SuSE.

Have a nice day and have a nice weekend

bluebyte

Upvote 0
Back