Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Mob lag fix

(⌐■_■)
Reaction score
Actually idk what did he mean exactly but these may help.
Code:
debug.properties
EnableActionsDebug = false

network.properties
network.debug = false

webserver.properties
debug = false

database.properties
allowDatabaseLogging = false

Upvote 0
----
Reaction score
Only the database log was turned on, but thx :D I also gave the mongodb high priority in system, and it was helped a bit, but not much...

Upvote 0
----
Reaction score
In windows taskmanager -> wight click on the process(java.exe) set priority, also on mongodb... thats all...

Upvote 0
----
Reaction score
Edit gameserver and loginserver.bat and add /high parameter to start command...

but also:

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
i don't know what this parameters
thread.pool_type = 2
But i set
thread.pool_type = 8
This help me little mob can active to attack player faster and boss Lag little to attack player

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hello!

I have the same problem (NPC and moster lagged every few seconds) and was trying different things to solve this. Now, I'm very new to BDO server, but here's what I got till now:

It seems that what was causing the lag was server locking with the mongo db because it was running out of available connections. You can increase number of allowed connections between server and mongo db here...

database.properties:
Code:
connectionsPerHost = 10

I changed this to...

database.properties:
Code:
connectionsPerHost = 1000

Now, 1000 may be a bit extream, but after (very) brief testing the lag is gone. On the other hand, since those are "local" connections between server and db going overboard with it shouldn't be an issue.

Aside of that, I also changed JVM startup arguments for gameserver a bit. I suspect those don't have direct impact on this problem, but I list them here just in case.

gameserver.bat:
Code:
"-server" "-XX:+DisableAttachMechanism" "-XX:+DisableExplicitGC" "-d64" "-Xms4G" "-Xmx12G"

Mind you, I'm not very skilled with optimizing JVM and those are just setting I came up with after quick google search. The most important is -d64, since apparently without it JVM actually runs in 32 bit mode (just with Large Address Aware flag, maybe?). On the other hand, DisableExplicitGC moves memory management completly under JVM control, which seems to be doing better job than gameserver. With those changes process memory allocation acts a bit strange to me, though. When you run gameserver it allocates over 9 GB RAM, but after about 5 minutes of actual gameplay RAM usage drops under 4GB.

Hope it'll work for you :)

Cheers!

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I referenced your value.And replaced the original value.We can see the difference between them.
"-server" "-XX:+DisableAttachMechanism" "-Xms4G" "-Xmx6096m"
"-server" "-XX:+DisableAttachMechanism" "-XX:+DisableExplicitGC" "-d64" "-Xms4G" "-Xmx12G"
In addition, I also modified the memory allocation value of the login.I expect this to be of substantial help to my server.My server has a stable 20-person online game every day.With me.These settings have some optimization and help.thank you.

Upvote 0
Back