Remove item from inventory?

MemberRank
    May 2014 Join Date
    36Posts

Remove item from inventory?

Hi there. I'm new with this monglodb. How am i going to remove some item that i accidently add that cause my character stuck at login from player inventory? Couldn't find inventory collection/database on monglodb. Thanks

MemberRank
    Nov 2009 Join Date
    34Posts

Re: Remove item from inventory?

Use a mongodb browser like robo3t or smtg else while your database server is running, then browse to gameserver > collections > players > find the correct player by opening the array and look for Name > scroll down look for playerBag on that array > Inventory > items > search those array for the invalid itemId you just inputted.

In my case, my brother inputted the wrong id like say supposed to be 2401 but he input 2041.

After you found it, right click and edit document. Search for 2041 (my example). After you find it, you can edit it (in my case I edit 2041 to 2401) and save it, Or you can delete the array ( from { ... to ...}, ) and save.

Good luck!

MemberRank
    Dec 2017 Join Date
    20Posts

Hi had a similar issue but i learned how to delete the offending item from mongodb. This time however I added Granverre Feather Champron which is id: 52506 and my game crashed, deleted it from mongodb and went back but this time after loading the character, there is black screen and the game crashes.

Sucks to have to load another character. Hope there is some solution so I can resume playing.

MemberRank
    Nov 2009 Join Date
    34Posts

Quote Originally Posted by altamash View Post
    Hi had a similar issue but i learned how to delete the offending item from mongodb. This time however I added Granverre Feather Champron which is id: 52506 and my game crashed, deleted it from mongodb and went back but this time after loading the character, there is black screen and the game crashes.

Sucks to have to load another character. Hope there is some solution so I can resume playing.
    Maybe you delete the wrong portion of the array code.
    If your item is the last on the array, you should also delete the comma before it.

Case 1: if the item is not the last on the array
    Case 2: if its the last.

Tested, works.
    Good luck.

MemberRank
    May 2014 Join Date
    36Posts

Thanks man! Really appreciated.

DeveloperRank
    Oct 2011 Join Date
    2,554Posts

Adding this here as this thread has pictures and the instructions will align with these steps

Cash Shop Item Removal

open MongoDB
    go to db: gameserver
    accounts
    accountBag
    CashInventory
    on the correct account id: go all the way down to the bottom item
    (then delete it)
    click on the left side
    should be a X
    click it
    then update the doc