Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Cannot start client, failed to init security?

Status
Not open for further replies.
◝(⁰▿⁰)◜Smile◝ (⁰▿⁰)◜
Developer
Reaction score
Hello guys, I recently tried to run the BDO files but once I start the client I get a messagebox that says: "Failed to init security".

I'm using the ogre fest 1 client with the following service.ini:

Code:
[SERVICE]
TYPE=NA
RES=_EN_
nationType=1
damageMeter=1
[NA]
AUTHENTIC_DOMAIN=127.0.0.1
AUTHENTIC_PORT=8888
PATCH_URL=http://downtest1.black.game.daumserver.com/patch/

Any suggestions?

Reaction score
that looks correct, i don't get init security error but i do have client issues if i don't create and run the .bat file inside the bin folder next to the .exe give it a try and let me know how it goes, if it doesn't work then maybe Ogrefest edited their client idk.

Upvote 0
◝(⁰▿⁰)◜Smile◝ (⁰▿⁰)◜
Developer
Reaction score
It seems like this is a XignCode related issue, has anyone experienced this before?

Upvote 0
Reaction score
i have not because i download the client when the files leaked, but those who downloaded the client at a later date has that issue because Ogrefest updated their XC to mismatch on purpose so we can't use their client but at this point the files are way beyond stopping. i will upload my xc folder give me a min.

xc.rar:

extract the folder and replace your current xc folder inside the bin64 folder, btw if your run the 32bit the server will have errors, you must use 64bit to work.

Upvote 0
◝(⁰▿⁰)◜Smile◝ (⁰▿⁰)◜
Developer
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback @Aznkidd235, good to know.

This solved the issue! Would be nice if someone made a release thread for these files so others can find this.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i have not because i download the client when the files leaked, but those who downloaded the client at a later date has that issue because Ogrefest updated their XC to mismatch on purpose so we can't use their client but at this point the files are way beyond stopping. i will upload my xc folder give me a min.

xc.rar:

extract the folder and replace your current xc folder inside the bin64 folder, btw if your run the 32bit the server will have errors, you must use 64bit to work.

Hey man thanks for the info on OF updated their XC - lol!
Anyway just wondering, can I run 64bit if I'm on 32bit OS?

Upvote 0
Reaction score
i have not tried it, but give it a go maybe it will work. but it's kinda odd i helped someone set up their server and in the end the client disconnect was due to him running 32bit instead of 64bit.

Upvote 0
◝(⁰▿⁰)◜Smile◝ (⁰▿⁰)◜
Developer
Reaction score
Anyway just wondering, can I run 64bit if I'm on 32bit OS?

You can't run a 64 bit application on a 32 bit OS. (Because it does not support the 64 bit address space.)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back