Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

help needed, asking for all necessary files

Status
Not open for further replies.
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
hi guys,

I played this game like 16 years ago.

Now I'm trying to open a server just to have fun by myself but apparently i've got some issues..

I downloaded 3.93 server files and installed MSSQL but in ODBC settings when I try to add in SYSTEM DSN I can't find (local) for sql server and when I hit [change this to default] box in the next step and write 'redmoon', it says the written database is incorrect.
I can't quite figure out what part has been done wrong.

If any of you can share legit server files and all other stuff to open up a server I'd appreciate a lot.

Thanks!

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hi kkangjun,

I am in the same boat, of wanting to play privately (just for my brother an myself), but I am unable to find the server files. If you are willing to share the server files I will try to see if I can figure things out and if so I would be more than happy to help you get things working on your end as well.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I still need help. If you can somehow provide some assistance that would be greatly appreciated! :)

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Check here for files

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Thanks, this is great! I'm guessing if I'm just starting and I'm just looking to set things up, I'm thinking I would start with the full 3944 server files correct? I'm just curious, maybe I'm missing it, but are there any client files here, or is this just the server files? I am super appreciative of your help with this.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I have the 3.53– 3.8 patch on a drive, but I am missing the Big 3.53, I believe I have an earlier client then 3.53 we could probably just use that and then use the patches in available up to 3944.ill check tomorow

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I have a question: Is there a way to install MSSQL 2000 on Windows 10? I tried installing, had issues, and I was thinking that if there are problems with that I might just run the server inside of a Virtual Box running XP. This, though, would require me to comb the web for a copy of XP that I could use for this. Is there another version of MSSQL that would I can use?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Yeah, I have done it before. What part are you stuck at? Virtual box works as well, I think there there may be some helpful guides on setting a virtual box up over on forums. It will also be needed for best experience playing as well, due to the lag effect the client has on newer windows. 2008 developer edition Mssql works as well for server

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I haven't been able to get too much so far due to being busy with other things. I was at the point of trying to get internet to work on the Windows XP Virtualbox, but that was giving me a bit of grief and I haven't been able to attack it with google.

So does 2008 MSSQL work on Windows 10? Also, does compatibility mode for Redmoon not work and that's why you're also saying that it might be work actually playing the game through Virtualbox? Just wondering if there is any way to do this where Virtualbox is not involved. If it can't be avoided then I'll just continue plugging through with getting google guides and I'll check out that forum as you recommended. I would also need to find my old key for XP to avoid having to find a more special version of XP. Was just trying to avoid extra work.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Yeah, I haven't used 2008 myself, but others have. I believe when i had used a virtual box I was able to choose which windows xp i wanted and i had a Ethernet cable plugged in so it automatically connected to internet its self. Compatability works but has mouse issues for best experience its recommended to use windows 7 or earlier on a Virtual Box.

here is some topics from redmoon classic that may be of some help.

this is an actual 4 part tutorial to set it up for redmoon use, the instructions are in a different language , but it gives you a visual on the program to use and how to go about setting it up. this is also the same program i used to run my virtual machine

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I think I may be on the right track with getting the server working (finally got a good working copy of WinXP), but I don't know if I have the appropriate client files. Do you know of a place to download the client files? I believe the server files you've linked are for either 3.8 or 3.944.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
There is multiple server files, if your just starting out I recommend working with Zach’s 3.8 guide it also has 3.8 server files from there you can up grade and change things as needed. I’ll work on finding the old links for the client files. If I can’t find them I’ll up,old them for you.

redmoon v303e full client

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Not to ask a stupid question, but you updated with a link that says 3.03e, is this compatible with the 3.8 server? Are there known links to patches? Or are there 3.03 server files that I can use? Just double checking. A quick search online, though, and it seems client files may not be an easy thing to find.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Download it so I don’t have to upload a big file and I will be uploading the patches to bring the client to 3.8 and beyond when I get time behind the computer.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Oh, I downloaded that as soon as I saw the link (never know when these downloads will disappear). And I can understand not even getting the chance to get in front of a computer. Hell, look how long it took me just to install XP on a VM and get the server installed. So I understand AND appreciate the struggle.

Edited for typos due to trying to type this on phone while on elliptical.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back