Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Novluno : Reimplementing and documenting the Redmoon Online client and server

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Okay so I'm not sure if there are any people still interested, but I'm in the process of reverse-engineering the file formats and executables for the Redmoon Online client and server(s).

The end goal is to make a compatible client and server that is usable on modern hardware and operating systems (Win, Linux, Mac, Android, etc. using SDL2) AND to also document the file formats to make writing tools and mods easier in the future (or just for the curious).

There is a lot to do yet, but I currently:
* have the majority of the RLE and data files documented (with written parsers)
* have a client which can render the maps
* a 'proxy' server which sits between the client and server to help with incrementally figuring out the packet format(s)

If anyone is interested in helping send me a msg in Github the repository is here:

This work was done using the easily obtainable 3.944 files, I could also use help finding the client and server files for the 4.* version to make sure there aren't any compatibility issues.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
This is a fantastic project.

I found a gdrive folder with some files in it including 4.x server but I don't think there is a client. I haven't really looked at them since finding the link a couple years ago.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I really love seeing someone doing this project. I worked on the old 3.8 server and figured out a few things but thats over 10 years ago and i really would like to run a testserver again.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Client that resolved the Windows 10 mouse movement issue. 4.5 Client. If you analyze it, you can solve the problem of Windows 10.

Last edited:
Back