Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

L2J Help With L2j C5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi please i need help with the matter below. I open startloginserver.bat just fine and everything works perfectly. then i open startgameserver.bat and everything also goes fine. i then open my l2.exe and the lineage 2 window pops up (everything normally). i make an account and auto create works fine also then i chose my game server to log into i clock ok and nothing happens!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! please help. Also i noticed that when i clicked ok to log into the gameserver in the command running on startgameserver the following text showed up

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Master Summoner
Reaction score
Hi please i need help with the matter below. I open startloginserver.bat just fine and everything works perfectly. then i open startgameserver.bat and everything also goes fine. i then open my l2.exe and the lineage 2 window pops up (everything normally). i make an account and auto create works fine also then i chose my game server to log into i clock ok and nothing happens!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! please help. Also i noticed that when i clicked ok to log into the gameserver in the command running on startgameserver the following text showed up

If you're using Windows, go to gameserver\config\server.properties
Code:
#io type nio or aio4j
[COLOR="Red"][B]IOType = nio[/B][/COLOR]

If you're using Linux, go to gameserver\config\server.properties
Code:
#io type nio or aio4j
[COLOR="Red"][B]IOType = aio4j[/B][/COLOR]

Wrong tag.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
WRONG dont do that Edit the loginserver properties file like this.

# This is transmitted to the clients connecting from an external network, so it has to be a public IP or resolvable hostname
ExternalHostname=192.168.254.2 if dsl which sucks your so called static ip will look like a lan ip that one is mine

# This is transmitted to the client from the same network, so it has to be a local IP or resolvable hostname
InternalHostname=192.168.0.1 Lan ip thats my lan like all other computers with 2 network cards.

Now for the Gameserver ip's

# This is transmitted to the clients connecting from an external network, so it has to be a public IP or resolvable hostname
# If this ip is resolvable by Login just leave *
ExternalHostname=192.168.254.2

# This is transmitted to the client from the same network, so it has to be a local IP or resolvable hostname
# If this ip is resolvable by Login just leave *
InternalHostname=192.168.0.1

Same thing. Now the reason i got rid of the 127.0.0.1 is because i have never been able to successfully connect to it from the local machine AND have never connected to the other ip addresses from another lan computer when the ip was 127.0.0.1. My theoryy is that Lineage dosnt pay attention to the local ip i think it picks up the NETWORK CARD IP's

this is for wndows and dont forget to edit the hosts file in c:/windows/system32/drivers/etc add this to hosts
(My local ip) 192.168.0.1 l2authd.lineage2.com
also use that same ip for other LAn machines and for outside machines use the other ip this one 192.168.254.2 l2authd.lineage2.com supposedly static for dsl.
Im switching to cable tonight LOL so i'll have a real static ip like 12.27.213.22 (example)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back