Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

What is the best 2.4.3 repack

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Since I want to run a server for me and my friends again, I started up my old files today which is a trinitycore repack.
Unfortunately, it had quite a big of bugs ( Couple of blood elves quest dont work due to teleports not working, warlock pets bug hard, et cetera )
I've always used Mangos for emulators and Trinitycore because it is an improvement on it.
I've tried many times but I'm never able to compile stuff on my computer, simply hates me I suppose.
Does anybody know what the best or most bug fixed (least detrimental to gameplay) 2.4.3 TBC repack is ?

Thanks in advance, Robin.
And no I will not to the expansions or higher, we've agreed that a lot of new stuff that came with the later expansions and patches didn't do much good.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
First off, you'll want to learn how to compile. As much as it seems improbably, or like a lot of work. You're not going to find a completely working repack and even if you find one that has a lot of things working, how are you going to apply your own fixes? It seems silly not to go with a self compiled version.

Fixing things on any world of warcraft private server is easy. We personally used OregonCore, although that projects community support seems dead it was still decent and had a few things working. Those broken Blood Elf quests are probably easily fixable, not like it matters if its just you and a "few" friends playing.

Lord of the Legion
Reaction score
As LordUsagi said, you really need to learn how to compile your own server. Repacks are a dime-a-dozen and so are repacks that are worse than what they were built of of, not to mention the vast majority of repacks are not just fixes (That often times are very hacky and break other things) but also add other elements such as custom items, custom quests, npcs, etc.

If you want a well working v2.4.3 server, you must learn how to compile and you must fix the bugs yourself. DB errors are a very easy fix and very easy to learn how to fix. Scripting, not so much but it's not hard to learn. If you know C++, you can try to fix hardcoded issues.

Your reluctance to move up higher than v2.4.3 also causes a problem. There are not that many devs that continue work on those servers, there is a much higher demand for v3.3.5a and Cata cores and I can almost guarantee that those quests and a lot of other bugs are fixed in a higher version core.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
So where could I get a source ( any projects still alive ? ) and how to compile that.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
OregonCore is what we originally used for our server. The project is dead now and you won't get much support on it. All the admins/developers have even pronounced it dead.

I heard there's some 2.4.3 trinitycores floating around, as well as mangos 2.4.3 if you look hard enough I'm sure you can find.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Visual Studio C++.

I'm sure they have a wiki with a step by step guide but it's generally the same for every server.

Back