Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

ad.exe map extract tool problems

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I have been looking on the forums the past couple of days trying to find a way to resolve this problem I keep gettingn every time I run ad.exe

opening ./data/patch-2.mpq
error opening archive ./data/patch=2.mpq
opening ./data/patch.mpq
error opening archive ./data/patch.mpq
opening ./data/terrain.mpq
error opening archive ./data/terrain.mpq
opening ./data/dbc.mpq
error opening archive ./data/dbc.mpq

This application has requested the runtimg to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information

I have yet to find a fix to this problem I have tried this on two different machines both which are updated to 1.12.1

and I get the same out come. If some one could provide some insite and help with this so I can get the map filles extracted I would be very greatful.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Either ignore the errors and let it finish, or rename patch-2.mpq to patch-2.mpqx and terrain.mpq to patch-2.mpq.

Both methods worked for me.

greetz, t.c.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
error opening archive ./data/terrain.mpq
This is can't be ignored. Do you have terrain.mpq in data subdirectory in directory wher you run ad.exe? If not then fix this before ad.exe run.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I get same error :S
So I tried using MapExtractor but it says wrong version of maps... :/

Back