Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Ascent] Need Some Help from Community

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Alrite I know some of these question had been posted before becasue i checked the seach forums and well I found alot of threads but they kind of just dropped and none of them were well resolved. So here are my queston.

1. I am using the shopping mall form Mafia boy and my server is PvP so i want guards that bash enemies that start PvP. You know set it like a neutral zone. So how can I do that. I know how to create NPCs i just dont know if there is scripting involved or factions or flags etc. I wold really appreciate some help form there. Rite now i threw in some winterspring guards and well they dont do anything. >_<

2. Is there a way to make flying mounts global? Not just outlands? I am not sure of how to do this but i think it can be done or so my players say it can be.

3. Raid bosses are not scripted correctly. They just attack...And karazhan's mobs have aggro radius threw the roof. How can this be fixed? (Ascent 2527. NCDB 691 Got it from Sticky Up top)

4. How to i create GM commands or edit some becasue once i used the database for the mall it broke some GM commands like my .recall add

5. And mouse going over NPCs causes it to disappear. Any fix on that?

6. NPCs in shat fight each other? Why? Fix?

Please any help would be great. I have been on private servers where Raid bosses where coorect, flying mounts were global, and I asked admins how they did it..and well they always say they got help form this site or this general community. I have even checked the ascent main page and no answer. Please help this server happens to be a day old and I would like to beef it up. :raincloud

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
1. I don't know how to accomplish that...if u are neutral with a faction, it just gives you the option of attacking them. you could just disable pvp in that area so no one can do it, or make pvping there a bannable offense
2.sure its possible, by a highly skilled programmer, as you must alter the code before compiling
3.Ascent doesn't really do much in the scripting dept., check out moon++ scripts, much better
4. in source code, you can change, edit, and add commands. chat.cpp, chat.h, level0.cpp, level1.cpp, level2.cpp, level3.cpp, and worldsession.cpp have info on commands and how they are processed
5.this is a missing db update, make sure you've updated with all sql revisions from ascent
6.shat is full of problems, no fixes i know of

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
#1 Not sure, I would think set the npcs you place there with a flags of a neutral faction
#2 You have to code it in before Compile like my thread for example...http://forum.ragezone.com/f114/ascent-modified-ascent-compiles-last-updated-12-18-2007-a-336484/
#3 Don't know I'd have to look into it.
#4 Check the command_overrides Table and see if it changed anything it's all Null by default
#5 update Ascent and NCDB to latest and it should be fixed(Ascent 2576 and NCDB 705 ATM)
#6 flags set incorrectly I think, you can fix through database if i'm not mistaken

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Alrite thanks for the help. Okay now gmaze you said that moon++ scripts are better now all I have to do is find moon scripts and put them into the scripts folder of my ascent directory or in the scripts bin folder of my directory and start the server up? Or does it require that I get a whole new ascent emu and NCDB database? Also to your other statement Gmaze how do Iisable PvP in that area on PvP server? And since it is in shadow moon would that mean all of shadow moon would be non pvp?

Also to yours Shadei if I downloaded your ascent compile does that mean all the characters on my server would be gone? Same as if i updated it to 2576 and NCDM 705? Or is that just the ascent program and world database it self and not actually the character database.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
All mine includes is the Ascent Core, a sql that puts flying mounts into your items table, and the latest sql updates for ascent. Your character database is seperate. You don't have to change it.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Alrite so if i downloaded the altest ascent compile. YOurs for example. Then I would not have to create a new character database? I would simpley just re-do the config files and start the new ascent.exe and logon.exe? I wouldn't have to create a new cahracter database and a new world database? Or could I just make backup's of certain tables and then import them into the new database if I needed to create new databases? See that is what I am confused about. I dont want to have to install and new rev and anew NCDB database and then loose all my custom mobs and my players and there accounts. I am sorry if I am not clear if that is the case I will try to re-explain.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yes you can update just the core files and it won't affect your database at all. If you seperated the Character DB and the world DB into two seperate Databases then changing NCDB shouldn't have any affect on your accounts and characters, but it will probably cause problems updating NCDB with your custom items and so on. NCDB = world db. Your character DB is a seperate structure. ALSO you can make a sql dump of your whole charcter db into a single SQL file. Also you can do the same with your World DB. I recommend doing this and doing it rather often. At least once a day if you are changing files around. That way if anything were to happen, you would have a backup of your whole database.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Arite well yes I did separate them. However I added the Mall repack which is going to be horrible now that once I update it will be gone lol. As long as my characters arent effected I am happy. Now did you say that your modifed ascent files have universal flying mounts?

Also I have seen around these forums alot of people with Raid Boss erros and I have also seen that people say it is your scripts and you have to get new scripts. Now the one I always see pointed to is moonscript or something or other. How do I update the scripts? Do I just download them and put them into the scripts folder of the ascent? Or does ascent actually have to be precompiled to read moonscripts?

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Alrite well I still need help to my above question however something new jsut popped up. I was looking in the commands tabel. And well things look a mess. Like for example there is too recall commands in there there is no .add graveyard or .add spirit. SO that means I cant creat custome graveyards unless someone has another way to do it? (Please Share) Now the real question. How do i get these commands fixed...

also I created custom NPCs and I wanted them to be able to wield weapons and such. How can this be done? I use the ascent database editor and I got to left hand display id and right hand display id and put the model ID of a weapon but it doesnt work either. Any light on how i can do this as well? Maybe edit something in the database etc. I know i must be getting annoying but I am just trying to learn. And the weapons actually flash every so often. Like you can see a glimpse of it but when they attack it is with fists and the weapon is no wher ein site.

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
To get the PVP gaurds working ... make a script with a ON_PVP_ENTER hook and lin k it to a spellcast like 5 (instant kill) with that if someone enters PVP the guard will kill that person instantly

P.S.!! THIS HOGS CPU AND RAM!!

Code:
#include "StdAfx.h"

void OnEnterCombat(Player *pPlayer, Unit *pTarget); //Function Header
extern "C" SCRIPT_DECL uint32 _exp_get_version()
{
    return MAKE_SCRIPT_VERSION(SCRIPTLIB_VERSION_MAJOR, SCRIPTLIB_VERSION_MINOR);
}

extern "C" SCRIPT_DECL void _exp_script_register(ScriptMgr* mgr)
{
     ::sScriptMgr.register_hook(SERVER_HOOK_EVENT_ON_ENTER_COMBAT, OnEnterCombat);
}
#ifdef WIN32

BOOL APIENTRY DllMain( HANDLE hModule, DWORD  ul_reason_for_call, LPVOID lpReserved )
{
    return TRUE;
}

#endif

void OnEnterCombat(Player *pPlayer, Unit *pTarget); //Function Header

#define NOPVPGUARD 8000000 //ID for the anti PVP creature {YES !!! U CHANGE THIS TO THJE GUARDS ID!!!}
#define MAX_DISTANCE 70.0 //Distance they must be within for the guard to agro
#define KILL_SPELL 5 //The spell used when they get agro - death touch {THOSE WHO DONT KNOW ... Death touch ... you can change this to anything :D ... net spell works nice
#define UNIT_INSTANT true //Instant cast spell? true or false
unsigned Zones[4] = { 33,440,618,3523, }; //STV,Tanaris,winterspring,netherstorm {THE ZONES U WANT IT TO WORK IN)
void OnEnterCombat(Player *pPlayer, Unit *pTarget)
{
    bool InZone = false;
    for (int C = 0; C < 4; C++)
        {
        if (pPlayer->GetZoneId() == Zones[C]) {InZone = true;}
        }
    if (InZone == false) {return;}
    Creature *pCreature = pPlayer->GetMapMgr()->GetSqlIdCreature(NOPVPGUARD);
    if (!pCreature) {return;} //No creature found, handle gracefully and return
    float dist = pCreature->CalcDistance(pPlayer->GetPositionX(),pPlayer->GetPositionY(),pPlayer->GetPositionZ());
    if (dist <= MAX_DISTANCE)
        {
        Unit *pUnit = (Unit *)pPlayer; //Cast the pointer to a Unit object
        pCreature->GetAIInterface()->AttackReaction(pUnit,0,0); //Attack! (not sure about the second and third params here, set to 0 to be safe
        if (KILL_SPELL != NULL)
            pCreature->CastSpell(pUnit,KILL_SPELL,UNIT_INSTANT);
        }
}

void SetupPVP(ScriptMgr * mgr)
{
    ::sScriptMgr.register_hook(SERVER_HOOK_EVENT_ON_ENTER_COMBAT, OnEnterCombat);
}

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Alrite well I still need help to my above question however something new jsut popped up. I was looking in the commands tabel. And well things look a mess. Like for example there is too recall commands in there there is no .add graveyard or .add spirit. SO that means I cant creat custome graveyards unless someone has another way to do it? (Please Share) Now the real question. How do i get these commands fixed...

also I created custom NPCs and I wanted them to be able to wield weapons and such. How can this be done? I use the ascent database editor and I got to left hand display id and right hand display id and put the model ID of a weapon but it doesnt work either. Any light on how i can do this as well? Maybe edit something in the database etc. I know i must be getting annoying but I am just trying to learn. And the weapons actually flash every so often. Like you can see a glimpse of it but when they attack it is with fists and the weapon is no wher ein site.

Lots of commands do not work. We have to move on without them.

As for the dual wielding problem, I have the same one. It is most likely in one of the creatures_tables that says which emote to use when they attack I think 20 something is attack with current weapon. If you find this column I'll gladly give you an sql file to fix your problem.

Back