• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Aurum - My homemade Vanilla 1.12.1 account management website

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Target Version of World of Warcraft: Vanilla 1.12.1 released on September 9, 2006.

Target Private Server Package: AlterWoW's Blizzlike Repack

Website Functionality: Basic

Website Purpose: To act as a temporary solution for small server hosts that are in need of a working site that is basic and easy to maintain.

Screenshots:

Main Folder Layout
KimChoJapFan - Aurum - My homemade Vanilla 1.12.1 account management website - RaGEZONE Forums

Aurum Homepage with no MySQL Connection
KimChoJapFan - Aurum - My homemade Vanilla 1.12.1 account management website - RaGEZONE Forums

Aurum Login Page

Aurum Registration Page

Aurum Homepage with MySQL Connection

Aurum User Page

Aurum Character Stat Page

VirusTotal Scan Results:

Aurum Webpage Download: (Mediafire Link)

This webpage is not protected by any copyrights nor will I impede upon anyone for the use of this website for commercial or non-commercial purposes. You have full permission to distribute, modify, parody, and operate the contents of this webpage to your will.

Thank You!

- KimChoJapFan

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Of course I'm bumping a dead thread when I make this response; however, I feel that this needs to be addressed:

Here's a list of problems with this site I made a year ago:

1. It uses MySQL which is depreciated for security flaws
  2. It doesn't prepare statements so anyone with knowledge of sending an SQL injection can gather database information
  3. It has a bunch of unnecessary PHP code because I didn't know nearly as much about PHP then as I do now.

Even though I can't change the hashing method used by the old databases, I can certainly prevent a lot of those issues listed above by switching MySQL to PDO, preparing statements to prevent SQL injections, and optimizing the code.

I'll be uploading a new version of this after I've made some extended tests on a remote system.

Back