Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Cataclysm (can't pick up loot from mobs

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
As the title says got my server working all looks great but when I kill a mob I can't loot it ??? has anyone encounter this issue.

I searched the forum and found nothing or maybe I am using the wrong search phrases.

Lord of the Legion
Reaction score
It would help if you specified the core, revision and repack, if applicable, you are using.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Sorry about that,
I'm using Cataclysm Monster repack v12 SkyFire core I think its Ikeester's

Thanks for the respnse.

This is my first Wow server I run a RF online server and have done LineageII but Wow seems like alot of fun.

Last edited:
Reaction score
i think it is best if you fetch the source code ,compile the code and make the server.that way you will know that is now bugged by a guy who wanted to try something and did not worked.I use Skyfire core 4.0.6 and i do not have any problems ,everything runs smooth.

Lord of the Legion
Reaction score
I agree with Bender, use the official SkyFire 4.0.6a core. As far as I know, the guy who repacks Monster just uses everything SkyFire, the Arkania database and includes a few fixes of his own that seem to fix some things and break others. Plus I hear nothing but negativity towards Monster repack.

The official core usually has at least a few new commits daily.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Well guys telling me I have to compile my own tells me nothing I have already built a Linux version of the SkyFire core and it worked great right up to were my hdd failed so I have to start over, this is a attempt on my part to put a server up while I go thru those steps again, Wow should be run on Linux not Windows anyhow, I thought I would get some positive feed back here seeing how most people use Windows because its easier for them but assuming that I am a n00b that knows nothing of compiling his own stuff tells me nothing. Iam still running a RF server built 2 LineageII servers and a cabal server but I seem to like the Wow system the best low resources on the backend.

Anyhow thanks for replying

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Well took me a little while but I fixed it, it was a database table that needed to be tweaked.

Case closed :)

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Add from my last post sorry I was in a hurry:
I keep seeing this post and meant to post the steps I ended up doing in fixing this until I got my new site built, basically it was the DB and launcher if you have this problem you need to either repatch your launcher or find a different launcher build.

Back