Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Combine Database's?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Combine parts of database's to compilea SQL database that has many fixes from one or more Repacks?

I have read many guides, and have played with quit a few repacks over the last few years, but something has always bothered me. I have noticed the trinity cores are really good, but yet each repack I play with,one thing might work, and another don't work. I want to know how could I combine them to fix problems. Here is an example:

Repack One: Goblin start zone seems to be scripted or seems to work mostly.
Death Knight area has many flaws and a few things don't work smoothly.
Trinity Core

Repack Two: Goblin start zone is out of phase and most of the start quests don't work, etc.
Death Knight area seems to be perfect, or at least near perfect!
Trinity Core

So from these two examples, I want to pull the data from say “Repack Two” regarding the Death Knight start zone, and place it within the “Repack One” to fix it. Does this sound far fetched or will it be a pain in the rear? I have seen many places that offer updates (or so called fixes) for certain things like quests, npcs, scripts, etc. But I can't seem to figure out how each core is dated, etc? So many different cores, or repacks,but yet very little uniformity. Has anyone done this, or maybe a guide to pull certain parts and replace into another? I might have over looked it, if there is a guide, but I really want to but a server together that is Blizz like and at least 95% working.

Last edited:
Lord of the Legion
Reaction score
It's not far-fetched but as far as I know there are really no guides for doing specifically that (At least at RageZone). However, the bugs with the startzones aren't just database issues, it's core scripting issues. As long as both repacks are the same core (Such as both being Trinity or MaNGOS and not too far away from each other revision-wise), I don't see why you couldn't just take the working scripts from one and add them to the other core. However, that said, if you're going to do that, you will need the source code for the repacks and as far as I can tell, most repackers don't supply the source.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
The problem with combining Repacks... Repacks are compiled sources to a certain point, allowing the user to play the game as is. However if you want to combine repacks, you would have to have the source, and have an idea. However, if it's just scripts like LUA that should be as simple as drag & drop. But if that doesn't work, as well as database combining; more than likely it is compile based, so probably won't work with Repacks. :p

Back