Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

cannot connect to game server[ascent]

Master Summoner
Reaction score
i am using ascent 2131(from guide: http://forum.ragezone.com/f114/ascent-server-guide-ascent-rev-2131-ncdb-rev-597-a-319188/). i have done ewerything, created account but i have stucked in realm selection. i open wow.exe, enter my password (my reamlist.wtf: set reamlist to 127.0.0.1). then it ask to select game type, i select pvp and click next, it shows i have assigned to myname realm, then it says it connecting to game server and it shows realm selection, i click okay it shows that again...
P.s - sorry for my english, i am latvian [;;;]

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
having the same problem here, although I setted it up as an internet server.

Master Summoner
Reaction score
mmm i will test...

sry for double post but: i tested all connections to mySQL and all ip ( i think all ) on configs. about cliking on name? where i need to click? on realm selection screen? anyway, i dont now why, but now it is connecting to GS (gameserver) little bit longer, but it dont connect to it anyway...
P.s - i say: SRY FOR DOUBLE POST!
Edit: when i enter pass and click enter it connects show sucess! and stops, then i click cancel and it brings me to country and gamemode select screen (pvp, normal...), then i click pvp, country United States, and click next... it shows i am assigned to my realm then it shows: logging in game server, then it brings back to realm selection screen!

Last edited by a moderator:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I am also having this exact same problem and would really appreciate some advice, I have followed every instruction to great detail from this guide. Anyone got any ideas what it is? I've spent a good 2 days trying to fix this error, doing everything common sense has told me to do, i'm no coder but this doesn't seem like rocket science but oh well. Thanks in advance for any aid. ^__^

Ascent Rev 2131
NCDB Rev 606
Milestone 0.2 Character DB
My own extracted maps [Problem here maybe?]

Oh and by the way It WORKS when I set it as a LAN server, the problem only occurs when switched to Internet.

Last edited:
Master Summoner
Reaction score
the ghurkin -
ascent rev... i using same
ncbd... i am using older ver.
milestone charater DB... same
maps... i dont know where i readed but whitout maps it eats more ram, but its not changing config... i have my own extracted too. i will reintall my server mybe, i can found whats problem...

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I'm having problems too. Heres the deal.

I can connect to my server with the computer that I am running the server on but other computers on my network get stuck in a loop of "Realm Selection" and "Logging in to Game Server". PLEASE help us!!!

Cheers

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I got the same problem except mines on mangos.
Just open database and go to table: realmd.realmlist
Then add 2 realms, one with your ip and one with the ip 127.0.0.1.
After that you restart server and then set your realmlist to 127.0.0.1 and all other need to use the other ip to connect:)
Done

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Same here. Gonna try configure it all over again, I'll let you all know If it fixes.

Back