Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Exploration not functioning (Oregoncore 2.4.3)

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I'm running a latest compilation of Oregoncore for WoW TBC 2.4.3 (if anyone knows a trinity/mangos based BC core that's more updated let me know).
Everything works, it even acknowledges where you are at locations and also on the map, but the following problems arise:

1) Reaching new locations doesn't say you discover them with the XP reward.
2) The world map doesn't update and unlock/remove fog for the map.

Does anyone know where in Mangos/Trinity based emulators these actions are done?
I myself suspect it might be a data problem with dbc or maps, but the emulator would've given me the error when loading. So I feel I'll be looking for a needle in a haystack if I run after it myself.

Thanks in advance for anyone who can point me in the right direction.

UPDATE:In whois lists or other social tabs, the zone a player is in is always named Unknown, which I assume is related to the problem of discovering. Hope this information helps people to point me towards where the problem is.

Last edited:
Back