Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Getting the latest World of Warcraft (Legion)

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Downloading the Client Data:
  1. Go to download the World of Warcraft installer from Blizzard.
  2. Spend quite some time to download the whole game (It took me about 40 minutes to download all of the files at ~12 MB/s):
    xiCfZFs - Getting the latest World of Warcraft (Legion) - RaGEZONE Forums
  3. Now you need to download patcher (VirusTotal scans at the bottom of this post) which is a patched variant of the World of Warcraft client w/ the default realmlist set to "127.0.0.1"
  4. Just extract the patch archive and replace the necessary files in your World of Warcraft installation.
Downloading the Server Data:
  1. Go to download the server files.
  2. You need to go into the "Server" folder and start Uwamp and you need to run Apache and MySQL. (The database is already in there) [User:root | Pass:ascent]
  3. You need to go into the "Core" folder and start bnetserver and worldserver.
  4. Now you need to add your account on the server by typing this into the bnetserver window:
    Code:
    .bnetaccount create <username> <password>
    replace the "<username>" and "<password>" with a username and password of your choosing.
  5. Now you can run the World of Warcraft client and log into your server and create a new character.
Troubleshooting:
Code:
I can't create a new account from the [URL]http://localhost[/URL] login form
You may have to resort to the bnetserver method above when it comes to account creation for the time being.

Code:
I can't access the Trinity realm
You must change the "gamebuild" setting in the table auth.realmlist to match that of your game client. The current gamebuild is 23420.
MWVeSSP - Getting the latest World of Warcraft (Legion) - RaGEZONE Forums

Code:
How much of the game is available in this private server package?
Not all of it; in fact, I don't know how much of the game is currently covered by the private server packages.

Code:
My bnetserver keeps crashing at the end of specific missions, how do I fix this?
I don't know why the bnetserver program crashes at random missions, but it should be stable enough to handle multiple connections, PvP, and raiding.

Code:
I want to port the database over to a dedicated host, where are the SQL files?
You can find the 4 necessary SQL files
Code:
Isn't there an exact duplicate of this thread on another forum?
I did copy my Nulled thread over to here.
Virustotal Scans:
Code:
Wow.exe - [URL]https://virustotal.com/en/file/f00760a9e7a80dde67e9a099bf6af462e8264a40e59e50e6bcb1e8c26241ad8f/analysis/1486250314/[/URL]

Wow-64.exe -[URL]https://virustotal.com/en/file/2f05b95efb1f12e2f2284097a297a93c82ad22f1c0c810abc5953084e3b6b2e9/analysis/1486250325/[/URL]

List of bugs:
Code:
1. Worgen class starting area doesn't let you leave (the gates open, but the collision is still there)
2. Worgen class starting mission isn't able to be completed.
3. Demon Hunter class starting mission isn't able to be started (no sign of creatures in that region)
4. Missing spells

[EDIT]

The most recent patch of World of Warcraft is now 7.2.0, you can keep up to date with the patch notes here:

The reason why I append this edit at the bottom of this post is in the case where an update could break the private server files compatibility and the patcher with the latest version of World of Warcraft.

Of course I'll be testing out the files with the 7.2.0 release and make sure you change the gamebuild cell of the realmlist table to match the latest version or you'll not be able to connect to your own private server.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
HI, i got the error BLZ5190003. i created account but could not login. WOuld you be so kind advise me this.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
HI, i got the error BLZ5190003. i created account but could not login. WOuld you be so kind advise me this.
So here's a solution to your problem:

TS8KrvN - Getting the latest World of Warcraft (Legion) - RaGEZONE Forums

Here's the query:
Code:
ALTER TABLE `battlenet_accounts` CHANGE `id` `id` INT(10) UNSIGNED NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT COMMENT 'Identifier';

The reason why this works is because the .bnetaccount create $account $password command assumes that the id will be filled out automatically. (Since it's the primary key)

So changing it to AUTO_INCREMENT means that the primary key should have a value assigned to it automatically which prevents the worldserver.exe from crashing.

Attachments

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Perhaps I should think about making a Legion modding guide for private servers.

It'll be similar to the older methods used in the previous versions of World of Warcraft, but it requires a different set of programs and it's over 40 GiB of data to work with.

Plus Legion modding is still in its infancy at this point, but there's enough momentum to get to the point where we can modify in-game data and make custom patches:
sFdxu3Y - Getting the latest World of Warcraft (Legion) - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
@KimChoJapFan Thank you very much, it worked.
Some more bug is Openning quest of Demon Hunter did not work and some skill of Mage did not work like Furry, Blizzard, Frost Lance.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
@KimChoJapFan Thank you very much, it worked.
Some more bug is Openning quest of Demon Hunter did not work and some skill of Mage did not work like Furry, Blizzard, Frost Lance.

I know that there's another bug with the Worgen class and not being able to finish the first quest and not being able to exit the city. (Plus don't go into the basement as you can close the door but you won't be able to open it up again.

Legion is still rather new and private servers of Legion are still under development; I'll try to keep the server files up to date in the meantime.

[EDIT]

I also realize that my TrinityCore build was using pregathered map/mmap/vmap files that may be outdated or incomplete. I've just compiled a fresh 64-bit build of TrinityCore and I'll be rebuilding the server files again. (This time I'll see if I can get a better password hashing method instead of SHA1)

If I do get everything up and running better than the current version in this thread, then I'll edit the thread with a link to the new server files.

[EDIT 2]

I got the latest extracted files (a tad larger than the ones in the server files) and it could also be a big issue with the database. Unfortunately the same issues are occurring with the latest files. (So that narrows down the possible point of failure)

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
@KimChoJapFan Thank you very much, i tried to fix this bug with SQL but it did not succeed. so i think it come from the source code.
I suppose in the meantime we can gather a list of things that aren't functioning in this release, I'll start by modifying the original post.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
First...Many thanks for it.
I installed all...and the "Uwamp" is working. Then i start the Bnet Server...should be worked fine.
Of Cour the Worldserver too :)

The method with the localhost dont work...so i get the cmd.
i cant type anythink in the Bnetserver, but some in the Worldserver cmd.

and now the error in this (see Picture)

Can u help?

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
First...Many thanks for it.
I installed all...and the "Uwamp" is working. Then i start the Bnet Server...should be worked fine.
Of Cour the Worldserver too :)

The method with the localhost dont work...so i get the cmd.
i cant type anythink in the Bnetserver, but some in the Worldserver cmd.

and now the error in this (see Picture)

Can u help?

yes, that's a simple fix:

Code:
[COLOR=#666666]ALTER TABLE `battlenet_accounts` CHANGE `id` `id` INT(10) UNSIGNED NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT COMMENT 'Identifier';[/COLOR]

That will set the IDs of the battlenet_accounts table (the primary key) to automatically increase their numerical value accordingly. This will fix the issue that you're handling. Just make sure you uncheck the "Enable Foreign Key Checks" option as it won't allow you to run that SQL command without modifying the 'ID' value for other tables in the database.

BTW

I'd recommend removing that screenshot of your command prompt in the likeliness that someone adds your email address to a spammer's list. (Plus I hope that you aren't using that same password for anything else, if you are then I'd recommend looking into an encrypted password container or an encrypted text container at the very least (I use CryptoTE as a decent cross-platform encrypted text container))

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Great, thanks. But where i Must insert this? :)

You must insert it into your database.

To do so you'll have to travel to "http://localhost/mysql" and use the login information
Code:
user: root | pass: ascent
to access the PMA area.

From there you'll select the auth database and then you'll go to the "SQL" tab at the top of the page.

Now you can copy and paste the SQL code I provided in my previous response into the query (removing the default SELECT FROM query first) and then uncheck the box that reads "Enable Foreign Key Checks" which should be near the "Go" button.

Once that query is finished, you should be able to create a battlenet account as you did earlier.

Back