Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[guide] how to put your server online!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
In your mangosd.conf and realmd.conf links to 127.0.0.1 (loopback) is usually correct, unless your MySQL server is on a different server than where you will be running Mangos from.

Basically, if your on the mangos server and you telnet into <ip> on port 3306 (start -> run -> cmd -> telnet <IP> 3306) it should connect, and there should be a service running. If not, there's no way Mangos will be able to talk to the database.

If you want to run your Mangos server on the internet I believe you need to change the the SQL database, but you also need to open ports on your router/firewall (if your behind one) I've found a good place to go to see if the ports are actually open, that or jump on another network and telnet into your public IP and test the ports manually.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I Need Help!

im trying to get my server ONLINE so my friends can join tell what to put and where to put it plz!

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I need help putting my mangos tbc server online, can you show me how to do that?

Back