Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Importing custom items?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
How would one import a custom item script into the database? Sorry, but i kinda need a step-by-step explanation.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
what do you mean by script ? there are 2 different things, 1) SQL queries that you import into database and scripts (like gamemonkey) that you put into scripts folder.
First explain what type of script do you have (filename + extension (format) )
Or if you have .SQL or .TXT file (that you probably mean) and want to know how to import the content it has, into the database then you have 2 ways to so that . I'll explain.

IMPORTING .SQL/.TXT FILE INTO YOUR DATABASE

intro: no matter if you have .sql or .txt , both will be imported same way. now you have two ways to import files . i will explain both as a) and b).

1a) you place the file in a directory on your hard drive (or simply onto desktop) and you keep that place in your mind. you have to remember exactly the path to your file.

2a) Open your database browser (like SQLYog or Navicat) , connect to your database and find the ascent/mangos database. (If you import custom item, you won't use logon database)

3a) Right click on the ascent/mangos database , choose "restore from SQL dump" for SqlYog, and there is something similar if you use Navicat (import patch or something i'm not sure)

4a) Now (in SQLyog) press the little button right to the file directory path that appears and it will open file browser window.

5a) Make your way to the sql/txt file of your item and click open. NB! notice if you have .txt file you have to change file type shown to you, in the browser window or you won't see .txt files

6a) open that file and then press "execute"

7a) If you have full green bar and no messages, you have imported your item successfully, if error window pops up , you have something wrong with your file. in that case you have to open the file manually and change something yourelf (mostly entry id that can already exist in youtr database for other item or other often problem is incorrect sql syntax somewhere.)

1b) Open your sql/txt file manually (with text editor) and copy all content by pressing ctrl+a to select all and then ctrl+c to copy.

2b) open sqlyog and connect to host. choose ascent/mangos database and click once on it. (nothing has to be opened)

3b) then as you know the sqlyog screen has split into 3 areas (database/table browser in the left, query viewer/builder area upper right and table viewer lower right.)

4b) make sure you have chosen proper database (ascent/antrix/mangos/world) and paste (ctrl+v) all copied before into query area.

5b) in the program menu bar (left) you will see icon with green arrow and the one with two arrows. Just click one of them ( the one with two arrows ("execute all") will execute all qureies, use that if you have more than one query.)

6b) same thing with errors just now if you should have error, it won't pop up in other window anymore but it shows execution result on the lower (table viewer) area.

Hopefully this helps you . =)
Sylv .

You don't know me.
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Hmm... Virtual +rep for sylv100.

Back