Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Mangos 4.3.4 Item Creator

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello guys, So my other post about Admin Control Center and Website, I've gotten it, Now i have another issue, I need a program to make Custom Items/Weapons/Armor, wow-v.com isn't updated to mangos 4.3.4 i've searched for a while on google, other forums, everywhere... can't find anything thats still up, and 2 things that i did find, one of them didn't work and the other one i had a problem with, i could make the items, but in-game it was a "?" icon and it said "retrieving item information" i can't right click it, can't drag it to put it on, and i cannot delete it, either i need some help on how to fix that issue, or if someone has a item creator for 4.3.4 please send it over it will help me out a lot, Thank you and

Best Regards,
Phoenix Team!

Lord of the Legion
Reaction score
There should be an override in the config. I haven't used MaNGOS 3 yet so I don't know for sure if they dealt with that. The question mark issue is due to the daemon throwing out anything that doesn't match the DBC/DB2s. You need to override the check.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I thought the same thing, But cannot find it unless its named something different, I tried everything that came to mind, Can't figure it out..

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Just change it manually in the config? If you need a program I'll make it for you. But it easier to just edit it manually.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
If you read description of the collums and then do as it say (There should be an explanation on what to enter here on the wiki) and you should be able to figure it out. :p

Lord of the Legion
Reaction score
If you read description of the collums and then do as it say (There should be an explanation on what to enter here on the wiki) and you should be able to figure it out. :p

It's not possible to create custom items in MaNGOS 3 without a custom patch or modifying the DBCs. The game throws out any mismatches as of v4.x and it appears, through my testing that the daemon is enforcing item information and auto correcting modified items according to the DBCs. It took almost a year for Skyfire to support custom items and I haven't seen any mention of MaNGOS devs working on it. There are quite a few tutorials on AC-Web about modifying the DBCs for custom stuff though but it's easier said than done because it's very easy to corrupt them and the client does a CRC when you start the game.

Lord of the Legion
Reaction score
If I may suggest, if you want custom items, use Trinity's v4.3.4 server. From what little testing I've done last night, overall, it seems more stable than MaNGOS 3 and the DB is more complete, that said, it appears no Cata zones have been spawned. But fortunately, they do support custom items by way of disabling enforcement in the configuration.

You could also easily convert the MaNGOS 3 creature table to work with Trinity.

Last edited:
Back