Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Mangos , ascent ?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Depends on what kind of server you want...

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I don't know much about ascent, but from my personal experience I can say that I would vouch for Mangos. It's more stable and have more fixed stuff done than Ascent. I think ascent is made for fun servers, because it's easy to make custom items and get stuff done easy. But that's just my opinion.
:)

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
hi there,
I think i'm going to build one server too
but i don't know wich version to choose... I'm looking for something easily and highly customisable
that's my only criteria ^^ thanks for your answers and help !

Lord of the Legion
Reaction score
It's a very safe bet to go either TrinityCore or MaNGOS. Both of them are good but if I were to pick one, I'd go with Trinity. If I remember correctly, Ascent is in essence ArcEmu v2 but they don't have a large dev team and as far as I know, there is no official dev team anymore just fans contributing. ArcEmu is also pretty well completely dead.

Lord of the Legion
Reaction score
The more stable and still has dev support is Trinity aka SkyFire

SkyFire hasn't been based on TrinityCore code (Or vice versa) since the rebase was released over a year ago.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I think mango has less bugs...so i think mango is best.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
From experience Trinitycore has less bugs and runs more stable, but Mangos is a bigger boy concerning team and usage.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
SkyFire hasn't been based on TrinityCore code (Or vice versa) since the rebase was released over a year ago.

Trinity has taken over from SkyFire there is some support by SkyFire with 406a but not 434 which Trinity is now supporting so answer is yes they do.

Lord of the Legion
Reaction score
Trinity has taken over from SkyFire there is some support by SkyFire with 406a but not 434 which Trinity is now supporting so answer is yes they do.

Actually, you are half right. Trinity took over for SkyFire's 4.3.4 server when SkyFire decided to stop development and put most of their resources into their 4.0.6a core (Which hasn't been based on Trinity in over a year). However, the owner of SkyFire is currently working on his own 4.3.4 server that will be released when he feels ready. The 4.3.4 core accessible through SkyFire's website is not the Trinity version (To get to that, you gotta go to Trinity's website), it's a completely unsupported and obsolete core.

So, as of now, none of SkyFire's currently supported or future-supported server are based on Trinity code.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Depends on what kind of server you want...
What if you're planning on making a server for just yourself? (I figured it was better to just ask here, rather than create a new thread, since this was the first thread in the forum, and was already asking what I wanted to know)

Back