Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

mangos+no-ip+virtualbox

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
First of all thanks for any help I can come help me.

I'm trying to put together a wow tbc of server so that I and a few friends can play, only when using the virtual box (before I used vmware) I came across a problem

every time a friend play the game the ip which is recorded in the table in last_ip is the virtual box and not the player, thus the same problem in the User registration. If this keeps up I believe the mangos left not log more than 4 playes with the same IP like that would help me solve this problem. my virtual box is configured as follows

Network-> 1 adapter> NAT> advanced-> port forwarding (3360..8085..8090..3724)

2 adapter> plate in bridge mode

within the virtual machine

no-ip -> enabled catching external ip

Network-> local connection> ip 10.0.2.2 -10.0.2.15 gatway
local connection 2-> 10.1.1.14 gatway 10.1.1.1 (router)

I wish it had this ip 10.1.1.14 (if possible) so that I can also play through the computers of my internal network

thanks again for any help

obs.:the yes on the router ip virtual machine (10.1.1.14) is in the dmz host and the doors are also open

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Here are the following ports (TCP & UDP) necessary to host the server with the no-ip DUC:
Apache Ports: 80, 443
MySQL Port: 3306
No-IP DUC: 8245

When connecting from a virtual machine, you will have to know the IPv4 address of your host system on the local network. If you're running a server from Windows; open the command prompt and type in:
Code:
ipconfig

Find your IPv4 address from the adapter that you use to connect to the internet and change the realmlist.wtf file to connect to the IPv4 address your adapter uses.

If you're hosting the server from within the virtual machine, you will have to do the same steps listed above but from within the virtual machine.

To test for a missing port for the No-IP DUC program, try to get your friend to connect with your external IPv4 address. (Google "What's my IP?" to find your external IPv4 address)

If your friend can connect to the server from the external IP address, then the No-IP DUC program isn't port forwarded.

If your friend can not connect to the server from the external IP address, then see if your MySQL and Apache ports are forwarded and aren't conflicting with other processes on your computer.

Check to see if your antivirus, firewall, and router ports are opened. Some antivirus programs will block ports, so check to see if your antivirus program isn't blocking the ports.

Back