Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Mangos: "logging into game server" loop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I've got Mango installed properly (afaik). I can start up realmd and mangosd with no errors. Everything looks good.

On another machine on the same LAN, I edit realmlist.wtf and set that variable to be the IP address of the server machine.

I fire up wow and sign in. I get a message saying that I've been assigned to the MaNGOS Realm. I click Accept.

It briefly says "Logging into game server", and then brings up the Realm selection screen. I click on ok and it does the same thing, over and over.

Any help? Thanks...

Last edited:
Elite Diviner
Reaction score
I've got Mango installed properly (afaik). I can start up realmd and mangosd with no errors. Everything looks good.

On another machine on the same LAN, I edit realmlist.wtf and set that variable to be the IP address of the server machine.

I fire up wow and sign in. I get a message saying that I've been assigned to the MaNGOS Realm. I click Accept.

It briefly says "Logging into game server", and then brings up the Realm selection screen. I click on ok and it does the same thing, over and over.

Any help? Thanks...

Realm loop issue, search for it on forums, it's easily fixed "ip needs sorted".

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thanks, I didn't see a "search" button. I guess you have to be logged in.

New problem. I've been searching all over, but I can't find a solution.

I'm able to connect fine now, but my world is empty of npcs and mobs. Is this a mysql table that needs to be populated? Just tell me what to search for and I'll be glad to do the research myself. I just haven't had any luck.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
whats up with that "ip needs sorted" i searched for this term and it found like 200 posts, not very efficient ... i'm also having the same problem how did you fix this?

thanks~

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
whats up with that "ip needs sorted" i searched for this term and it found like 200 posts, not very efficient ... i'm also having the same problem how did you fix this?

I forget what I searched on, but it wasn't "ip needs sorted". I did find out what my problem was, though...

On my server, I had to modify the sql table "realmlist" in the"realmd" database. The field "address" was set to 127.0.0.1 and I had to change it to the IP of the server machine - 192.168.0.1. Restarted realmd and everything was up.

'cept the world is empty.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Have you downloaded the respective SDB for that MaNGOS revision? I've read somewhere in the forums that the included realmd and magos sql files does not includes any mobs, so you have to download the SDB. Hope this helps you mate.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply.

Actually, I did find a message pointing to a file to load into the mangos database. I had to first delete the existing one and then load this new one in. I think the name was 050.sql. This was MUCH larger (almost 100 meg) than what I'd previously loaded. When I fired up mangosd, it exited with an error complaining about the structure of one of the database files.

So it seems that I did the right thing, but with the wrong version. I think I'm currently running version 3011. I'd love to find a full database compatible with that.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I forget what I searched on, but it wasn't "ip needs sorted". I did find out what my problem was, though...

On my server, I had to modify the sql table "realmlist" in the"realmd" database. The field "address" was set to 127.0.0.1 and I had to change it to the IP of the server machine - 192.168.0.1. Restarted realmd and everything was up.

'cept the world is empty.

Thx Enchant, finaly i found one smart and reasonable answer, this helped me.

There's no RL just AFK
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Thread closed due to age, and the bumper... dealt with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back