Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

total newb

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Ok, I have never attempted to set up a WoW server before but my little brother Loves the game and asked if I could help so here I am, I am not a stranger to VPS or dedicated servers or pretty much any OS that goes with them, I can set up phpmyadmin, mysql or most other database systems so thats not a big deal for me, what I do not know is what I need to get in order for him and I to play this game.
Right now I have a dedicated server I use for testing as I code php so is not really any traffic on it but has 8G of ram and 500G hd on it so should be more then enough, it is running basic ubuntu 10.10 on it now but can change if needed.
I do not want to use this as a public server but would not mind if the 2 of us could play from different locations. (this is not a home server)
I do know he has the basic game and expansion packs but does not want to use the blizzard servers....can any one here tell me what i need and how to set this up? I have read tutorials on trinity2 and few other but all are so different I just dont know what is required.
please help :) ty

Reaction score
Those tutorials explain everything.From the grab source till the configuration of the server.I do not know what you need to know more?IF you encounter any error,feel free to post them here.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
nice, it has step by step mode.. now i understand it better...
thanks guys..

Back