Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Wont stop updating

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hello guys, im new here im having a bit of a noob problem i just picked a mangos repack, started the server everything went good, but when i try to connect it connects to the blizzard servers and it starts updating, i changed the realm list to my ip, but still no change, how do i fix this ? Thanks.

Lord of the Legion
Reaction score
Don't start WoW from Launcher.exe. Use wow.exe. Starting from the launcher fixes any changes to the realmlist.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Oh so that's it, have the same problem my self and was gonna post some thread about it then saw this... thanks..

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I have had a simular problem. Instead of non-stop updating I get "checking for updates" and it won't stop. I can't log into WOW.

Lord of the Legion
Reaction score
Burk, where are you getting that error? Make sure you never start Warcraft through Launcher.exe.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Haha, it is really helpful for noob. It seems you are a veteran.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Two possible wrongs that you are doing when you receive these kinds of errors;

A) You started WoW using the launcher.
B) You logged in using an Email not an Account.

On private servers you ALWAYS connect with an account. Connect with an email and the Client will presume that you're trying to connect to battle.net and thus; asking Battle.net if the version you are running is the right one - if it's not; it will start downloading.

Also; if the server you are trying to connect to is patched at; 3.3.5a and your client is patched to; 3.3.3 - that will give you a similar error as well.
Or if the server has a modded client and wow.exe file.

Hope this was helpful.

Back