Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

WoW Custom Project Idea - Need Feed back

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hi!

I would like to find out if anyone would be interested in playing yet another Custom Wow>
The idea is something similar to Dota.... For instance take the and then convert it to a custom warzone any zone or zones would do i guess... (That said only that map would be avail on the server, so players are locked in that map)

The other thing is this would be focused of the PvP player base. This would be like a normal battle Ground, either team on either side, and then control points in certain towns, when a team captures a town, it makes certain things availible like for crafting special poop or w/e.

- A increase in combat speed, move speed..... (Basically Faster combat)
- Start at level 80/85 - 90
- Some level adjustment fairness, a system that will make a lvl 90 do less damage to someone below him, the idea is to have a level 90 not able to just kill freak everyone, but to give low levels a chance to take down a lvl 90 uber lord...
- custom items, and maybe even custom crafting options (This will depend on the availble customization capabilities for both the emu and the client, the aim would be to focus on the emu side more than having players download a massive patch or something...)
- faster level ofc, keep the dota idea in mind
- Teams holding the largest part of the zone/map or w/e are rewarded ofc, crafting mats, points, coin w/e
- PvE side could add bosses for each team in main bases, like a general or w/e when thats killed it unlocks an instanced zone for killing the king or w/e
- I dono brain storm and add... :p

Im busy atm, and will edit the post later (maybe) but i think the idea is basically out there.
Would be nice to get some feedback on this...

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Seems to be a nice idea, but i think OG and SW should remain to trade/talk/afking etc and then you can port to the "warzone"

Hi, thanks for the input :), Yeah that makes total sense, I forgot to add that towns or cities would be remade in the "warzone" but then again it would be better to avoid all that effort, I could simply take OG & SW and close all exits with a massive portal(some invis, collision wall aswell) and then reconfigure all boats and zepz, so that they take you to custom towns/places in the warzone instead.

BTW: Which version would be best for something like this? (I juse used 5.4.x, as example..., although this custom wow edits would mostly be about the player spells/skills, and items, and then scripting alot of extra poop..., so using a version thats missing alota pve poop wouldnt matter, also I like the idea of the new talents, for this fast combat idea, kinda similar to that of dota and hon)

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
i would use wotlk or cata because i dont like the skilling system with picking talents
Hi, yeah I thought as much... :p

Btw here is a more detailed version of the idea, also maybe some additions.

Wow type survival pvp-rpg... 3.3.5a

So far the map choice: Outland, either side of kalimdor could work aswell, for bigger spread...
Starts on level 70 and work up 10 levels to the max which is 80. Or w/e (Its just boring as duck to level from 1 – 80, even on a high rate... :p I just wane skip the drama and get right into the poop... )

- Players start with basic spells...
“Make fire, basic auto-attack, and some special basic”
- Special Basic for melee would be something like a simple pierce/slice/chop?
- Special Basic for caster, maybe a polymorph?, some DoT? or a heal...

- Players should be able to make some sort of camp?
- The make fire spell or skill since all players will have basic cooking to start with.
- It would be nice to cast a cold(or what fits the zone?) debuff or buff on the player, like during the night times you get slow and low on energy/mana/focus w/e... something...
- Guilds should play a big role if possible. Esp for Perks and poop...

- The Focus should be about the battle, but just as much about surviving the wild and other players.
- Player controlled towns (based on the take over mechanic..?)
- Each town counts or should count for something ofc... Maybe unlocking poop...
- Crafting Bonuses, and material availability like a miner that sells matz for w/e?
- Stock should be regulated in some way...
(Would be nice to make it so that when a town is in control by your faction you could make use of some crafting skill... this maybe a bit too hard... But it would be interesting...)
- Zone bosses, town bosses, base bosses... the closer it is to the faction's main “warzone” base the more pvp raid like it should get...
- Could make it so that a faction could reach another faction's capital to kill either king or w/e. Daily bonuses/weekly or w/e

- Players have to find, the rest of the spells in the wild-
- By killing randomshit, doing bounty quests? W/e
- It has to start easy → hard... * :p I tried to rephrase this but I gave up on the first try :p
- Make skills/spells important, could also have it as something players can trade
- Could have ranked spells/skills trade-able to a degree...(this could make it to hard though...)
- Could have a Wizard in the capital, that runs a lottery everyday: you could win poop, skills/spells/money...(that drives the main economy in someway... or atleast affects it somehow, this could bring in some rich and poor issues :p....)

- Each team will have their home city as the capital, and a shared capital(shattrath?)

Back