Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

How do I get into a WOW private server? Steps of downloading please?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
How do I get into a WOW private server? Steps of downloading please? I don't have WOW on my computer but I want to play on a private server. Help please.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well you can download the official WoW off the main website, or most WoW p-servers do give out a link for a already made client for you. Sometimes they will give their realmlist so you can set your realm in ur Client that you already have. If for example you got Molten-WoW you can find a download link for client download and if you already have a client you can use their RealmList and set it yourself. This also matters on what version it is as well. I haven't done it in a long time, but this is how it used to be.

Last edited by a moderator:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Private servers are illegal, am I right? Don't you affraid it? I bought 60 days Time Card for €18 it isn't that expensive which it used to be. Sorry if i upset you with my moralizing :p

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Most Private servers of any kind of game are usually Illegal, you always have a chance of getting caught, but its a very slim and low chance, and why pay to play if you can play for free? But any ways that's not what this topic was about.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
You're right. I just thought that i would be anxious by playing at private server, when time card prices are getting lower.

Lord of the Legion
Reaction score
Blizzard cannot and will not attack people who play on private servers. They honestly couldn't care less. They just don't like the larger private servers and especially ones that are competitive to Blizzard or make any sort of money through donations, a store, etc. Those are the only servers Blizzard ever really takes action against.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
The version that you want is important, there are different versions.

Back