Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

About WoW Servers These Days

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Are most developers not going further with version updates? i.e. Stopping around 3.5.5a instead of going with 5.x.x? I mean I can understand why. I'm just curious since I've been kind of away. hahaha

Anyway looking forward to discuss this topic! :)

Lord of the Legion
Reaction score
Of the most popular cores (Trinity, MaNGOS and Skyfire), they've all continued on from v3.5.5a. MaNGOS (Now I guess known as CMaNGOS) was working on a v5.x core but as far as I know a fight happened and they stopped development and are mainly on v4.3.4. Trinity also was working on a v5.x core with SkyFire but Trinity went on with their own which now seems to have vanished and SkyFire is privately working on a v5.x core, I'm not sure when they're going live though. But they all still have cores in previous versions as well.

As of Cata, Blizzard made it significantly more difficult to get opcodes since they change on every update so once Blizz releases an update, devs can't sniff for opcodes anymore and there are a lot of them.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Basic facs..The wow server will update when blizzard releases a new expansion:)

Back