Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

WSARecv failed WSAENOTSOCK <10038>What causes this?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
WSARecv failed WSAENOTSOCK <10038>, is really annoying and im currently trying to investigate to fixing this problem, i will keep this thread upto date. and what progress i have made to fixing this issue.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Dang

well i have been looking into it and it seems that the WSAENOTSOCK means that the socket it tried to open is not a socket..yes it dosen't make sense since its a socket, but i think whats happening is its tring to upload and download from the same socket which is causing a conflict with outgoing and ingoing data, it seems that Microsoft have made an error in there wsock32.dll file, the only way to fix this is if you know python and able to reprogram its structure :), or for some people uninstalling all Networking drivers, including the TCP/IP, IPX, deleting all them within the network properties and reinstalling them may fix this issue, but am not sure it will, i have tried this on a fresh install of XP SP1, so maybe MS fixed this issue on SP2, oh and im surethat Linux users, will not run into this problem.

Back