Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Black Desert] Gamez Private Server | Exp 5x | Drop 5x | Free to play | [PvP/PvE]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Some players have been reporting Trojan:Win32/CoinMiner detections as well as abnormal CPU usage in the launcher (which runs in the tray after the client is launched). I'd suggest anyone playing here to exercise caution.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
It could be that the seeding feature in the launcher is being picked up as a coin miner for some reason

Reaction score
and what about the thing that the launcher keeps modifying files(like other games in other harddrives) and make himself the admin(and removes your authority) of these files? so you need to get the ownership back? and the gamezbd.status file can't be deleted cause you don't have any permissions to even read it. Some of my friends had these issues and myself too. Very shady Launcher in my opinion.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
and what about the thing that the launcher keeps modifying files(like other games in other harddrives) and make himself the admin(and removes your authority) of these files? so you need to get the ownership back? and the gamezbd.status file can't be deleted cause you don't have any permissions to even read it. Some of my friends had these issues and myself too. Very shady Launcher in my opinion.
the launcher only modifies some required files in the selected game path, if you're talking about UAC prompt its required for the launcher write permissions to do file updates

v661 latest NA/EU client version is now supported in our latest major update, node wars system is almost ready! patch notes available on our discord

Reaction score
i have UAC disabled fully. I looked in task manager and saw that your launcher modified permissions in 90% of my games till i killed it. Then i had to take ownership back to run these games again. It is not my first time installing a game <.<

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
i have UAC disabled fully. I looked in task manager and saw that your launcher modified permissions in 90% of my games till i killed it. Then i had to take ownership back to run these games again. It is not my first time installing a game <.<
ok show us your task manager cause i never heard of such before

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
It could be that the seeding feature in the launcher is being picked up as a coin miner for some reason

This Ducking game, i mean particular gamez burned my GPU.
The launcher uses all CPU and GPU.

Be aware, now i need a new GPU...
Future

I was curious about why this client uses all of the CPU and GPU and come to the forum to see if anyone have the same problem and discover that launcher have a seeder function that u cant disable.

Only happen with this client, i already played BDO NA, SA and Ogre Fest and this isnt happen.

Last edited:
[emoji848]
Legend
Reaction score
So you suspect a coin miner to be built in the launcher? You could try to analyze packet traffic with tools like Wireshark and see if anything connects to some miner sites. Please report if you see anything suspicious.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
So you suspect a coin miner to be built in the launcher? You could try to analyze packet traffic with tools like Wireshark and see if anything connects to some miner sites. Please report if you see anything suspicious.

Its funny bcoz when you try to use the Wireshark, the GamezLaucher "stop" working LOL

[emoji848]
Legend
Reaction score
Its funny bcoz when you try to use the Wireshark, the GamezLaucher "stop" working LOL

There are more tools than that and more ways to block miners such as hosts file. Cmon don't expect me to do something here if you can't be bothered putting proper research into your claims.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
This Ducking game, i mean particular gamez burned my GPU.
The launcher uses all CPU and GPU.

Be aware, now i need a new GPU...
@Future

I was curious about why this client uses all of the CPU and GPU and come to the forum to see if anyone have the same problem and discover that launcher have a seeder function that u cant disable.

Only happen with this client, i already played BDO NA, SA and Ogre Fest and this isnt happen.

The seed function in the launcher can be disabled and has nothing to do with graphic processing. If your old GPU needs replacing don't blame it on our launcher :)

New working Fairy system has been added
https://mmoculture.com/2018/04/black-desert-online-new-fairy-system-to-be-added-after-weekly-maintenance/

crlfrancis - [Black Desert] Gamez Private Server | Exp 5x | Drop 5x | Free to play | [PvP/PvE] - RaGEZONE Forums

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Nice to see Gamez has now gone Pay2Win (Which they 100% promised wouldn't happen, it would always be free to play or some cash shop items but never p2w, I used to be a mod on their forums before abandoning their ship) and also messing around with peoples computers with their launcher? nice one Carl... I've been following your server silently (including being in your discord) for months since I left and I've watched your server go from free to play to pay2win. BDO needs an open community to live, not more P2W Crap.

There are open source 661 clients available. I would highly recommend that anyone wanting to get into BDO development go and join the open source community instead of hoping that one day Carl will release "his" server files for everyone to use. It will NEVER HAPPEN.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
it's funny you'll do anything for money, including ddos my server. when it comes to support you are a mute and you're not grateful for anyone. not to mention how your launcher has bitcoin mining in it without users permission, and blocks access to retail and ogrefest. very shady. do not play this or anything on gamez, he just grabs your money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back