Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Bright Shadow] Bright Shadow S (First Private Server) [PvE]

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
ungr - [Bright Shadow] Bright Shadow S (First Private Server) [PvE] - RaGEZONE Forums

After several years of research into Bright Shadow I am finally able to bring the world of Luciena back and make Bright Shadow once again playable to everyone. This would not be possible without many of those in the Bright Shadow Community, and some users here on ragezone.com (jonnybravo, KillerStefan). Ive been known as "Shana" in the Bright Shadow Community since 2008 in the Japanese version of Bright Shadow, and have loved the game since the first time I started playing it, so this project is more of a labor of love for the game than anything else. If Gamania ever releases, or allows a legit company launch Bright Shadow again, this server will be subject to closure, since the goal is not to take anything from the original company, but simply to fill a void in the heart of the Bright Shadow community.

For over a century, the civilization of Luciena has known the mysterious properties of Soul Power, Soul Power exists within every facet of the universe, in all sentient beings, and can be manipulated for power, benevolence, or evil. Lucienans used this power to create a peaceful society.

However, deep within the Umbra Realm, nefarious beings sought to use this power to rule Luciena, using Soul Power to corrupt themselves into monsterous forms that show no mercy or regard for life. The Umbra believe that the only true path to unlocking the secrets of Soul Power is to enslave, opress and kill others, death being the final barrier to unlocking said power.

Links
Main site: Bright Shadow S Online | The revival of Bright Shadow
Backup Site: Bright Shadow S
Google Plus: https://plus.google.com/+Brightshadowsonlinegame

Planned Direction of Updates
First I plan to make updates for new features (some are already added or partially added)
Other updates will consist of a new client (that connects to the same server) with Chinese, and another with Japanese languages, as well as adding outfits, and other content from the other non-English versions. And eventually I would like to add new content never seen in Bright Shadow, and possibly anywhere.

Version: 0.06

Features
Party Combo: With the right skills and timing you can deal extra damage.
Mentorship: Get special items and titles for mentoring new players.
Equipment Enhancement: gather in game materials to enhance your equipment.
Card Collection: Use gathered monster cards to summon umbra to fight along side you.
Pretend PvP: shoot others in your party to make them fake their death.​

Rates
Exp is directly between the old rates (Gamepot release) and the new rates(Gamania EU release)
equipment enhancement was changed to make level 10 enhancement a little easier to get (3% success instead of 1%)
Drops and everything else is the same. as the older Gamepot version.
Level cap: 69​

In-Game Screenshots

ungr - [Bright Shadow] Bright Shadow S (First Private Server) [PvE] - RaGEZONE Forums

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Seems like the register link is down, hope its back up asap I miss this game! <3

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Im not sure I can do a direct download, since my connection is slow, and the server itself does not have unlimited bandwidth, but I'll do what I can to get more download options available ASAP.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
This looks so nostalgic, may i ask you if you based this off Flyff? Looks amazing, if the website is back i will definitely download it.
How long did it take to build this? :)

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Thank you, I just finished downloading the game, I hope the game is easy for complete starters.

It is lacking a bit in that department, but I plan on making it better for new players to understand.

This looks so nostalgic, may i ask you if you based this off Flyff? Looks amazing, if the website is back i will definitely download it.
How long did it take to build this? :)

I did not create the game. This game was created by Gamania Digital Entertainment a Taiwan company in 2007. It reached 30,000 concurrent users sometime in 2008. Im not sure if they were inspired by flyff or not.

The website was never down, its just that the registration page is not there because you register in the game patcher window.

It took Gamania about 2 years to develop this game. It took me about 5-6 years of working off and on to get this server up and running.

Custom Title Activated
Reaction score
There is really no need to technically set or make NPC friendly for starters, a simple guide in text would be enough to learn more about what to do in the game and etc.

And also I loved how the starting area starts off as informative as intended to be, like I understood the game directly after doing the test, which either you could guess the answers out or read the guides to answer. I loved that!

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I Beta tested on both official servers, I am interested in this one, but would prefer a high rate server.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
make the rates higher please , its not fun to have the exact same experience as the official .
btw the launcher wont open after agreeing to the TOS

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
retail rates never pulls enough attention, not gonna even try this because you have DID NOTHING BUT setting up the server!

there is no custom work you made at all, you could atleast make rates higher to catch attention dude, 5-6 years for setting up a server thats ALOT of time bro.

Respect for your Patience atleast.

Have a Good Day, if you ever make rates higher and add some custom content, i might try this and bring like 20 friends too.

At the moment im not gonna advertise this.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
NO THANK YOU...iM NOT SUPPORTING A PRIVATE SERVER THAT IS PAY TO WIIN JUST TO PUT POCKET MONEY ON YOU NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO THANK YOU.. 1/5 FAILED TOPIC...:sneaky2:

Private server programmer need to learn the key of free private server must be free BECAUSE THIS WAY WE DONT HAVE PAY FOR poop :toilet:. Donation maybe BUT play to win on private server alone is OUT OF QUESTION :mad:

Private server that free to play suppose to make are life easy.... if I want to play to win I stick with Browser site game ..but even I dont even play browser games and that are pay to win

make the rates higher please , its not fun to have the exact same experience as the official .
I agree its just another worthless server that want to be pay to win and not free to play :sleep:

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score

Sorry, but the rates will stay as they are. I play this too and higher rates would ruin the playing experience for me. The goal with this server is not to get a lot of players, but to give those of us that still want to play Bright Shadow a chance to enjoy the game again.

And yes there is a small issue with the launcher where you need to reopen the launcher several times to get it to load.

NO THANK YOU...iM NOT SUPPORTING A PRIVATE SERVER THAT IS PAY TO WIIN JUST TO PUT POCKET MONEY ON YOU NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO THANK YOU.. 1/5 FAILED TOPIC...:sneaky2:

Private server programmer need to learn the key of free private server must be free BECAUSE THIS WAY WE DONT HAVE PAY FOR poop :toilet:. Donation maybe BUT play to win on private server alone is OUT OF QUESTION :mad:

Private server that free to play suppose to make are life easy.... if I want to play to win I stick with Browser site game ..but even I dont even play browser games and that are pay to win

I agree its just another worthless server that want to be pay to win and not free to play :sleep:

All pay to win items are either moved to in game quests, or are in the process of being added into quests and other ways of obtaining in game (non-ItemMall) Paying in donations will only get you skins/outfits and other things that don't make it easier to defeat mobs.

Also right now I'm having a difficult time managing all the existing players we have now, which is not that many, but since I'm doing this alone I cant run the game very well with very many players, so please don't play, and to anyone else reading this beware that the game does not have very many players at the moment and that we don't plan on seeking for more until we get help in Development.

Reaction score
Sorry, but the rates will stay as they are. I play this too and higher rates would ruin the playing experience for me. The goal with this server is not to get a lot of players, but to give those of us that still want to play Bright Shadow a chance to enjoy the game again.

And yes there is a small issue with the launcher where you need to reopen the launcher several times to get it to load.

All pay to win items are either moved to in game quests, or are in the process of being added into quests and other ways of obtaining in game (non-ItemMall) Paying in donations will only get you skins/outfits and other things that don't make it easier to defeat mobs.

Also right now I'm having a difficult time managing all the existing players we have now, which is not that many, but since I'm doing this alone I cant run the game very well with very many players, so please don't play, and to anyone else reading this beware that the game does not have very many players at the moment and that we don't plan on seeking for more until we get help in Development.
never tried the game, but gonna point out some flaws from the way you are gonna handle your server...

1. 1x rates, very very rare to see a private server having vanilla rates. what players look for are higher rates, even a 3x or 5x is better than a 1x rate.

2. doubt there's a chance some players might donate to it, especially when I saw it was bitcoin (someone might, but really low chance).

3. You say you are having a difficult time managing, why not try getting a team to help you run the game?

Reaction score
Looks promising, I will give it try and I don't really remember this game passed my eyes in the past.

Congrats on the work and great to hear @KillerStefan still around ^^.

[Edit] Just noticed how old this thread is...

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
ha it is old but looks interesting and its still up so ima try it out xD

Back