Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

10 Fun Facts About Storage

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score

Divine Celestial
Loyal Member
Reaction score
- Software grows to fill the available space.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
The magnetic HDD is 50 years old (#). In 1956 IBM introduced 305 RAMAC (random access method of accounting and control), which is like the great-great-great grandfather of today

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
An Exabyte is a million terabytes

what comes after exabyte?

Exterabyte ftw?

Reaction score
Meh.... Data keeps getting larger while drive size has seem to stop growing much. I need more HDD's as I'm already out of space with my 250gb storage. :cry:

Just imagine what drives will be like in 10 years. duck GB we'll have TB drives (hopefully).

NoPeace - out

Reaction score
Meh.... Data keeps getting larger while drive size has seem to stop growing much. I need more HDD's as I'm already out of space with my 250gb storage. :cry:

Just imagine what drives will be like in 10 years. duck GB we'll have TB drives (hopefully).

NoPeace - out

Hitachi already announced affordable 1TB drives :p

A hard working geek :-)
Loyal Member
Reaction score
What they are currently trrying to push for is the 1 TB platter.. when that is accomplished, make way for the multi Terabyte drives and insane storage..

Flash drivers are also comign in soon.. but those arent really considered 'stroage'.. more of a means of 'quick access' for programs already loaded into it.

Reaction score
What they are currently trrying to push for is the 1 TB platter.. when that is accomplished, make way for the multi Terabyte drives and insane storage..

Flash drivers are also comign in soon.. but those arent really considered 'stroage'.. more of a means of 'quick access' for programs already loaded into it.

So you are saying the new solid state drives are not storage? Even when it's 128GB and used as a primary drive. =P

And yes. It will be amazing to see 1TB platters. But then again... Who would really use it all up? =P

That's a poop load of music and movies for the average person. =P

NoPeace - out

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I cant wait for solid state drives to take off, load times will be similar to that of RAM, which means windows boot times in a few seconds, games will load faster, everything will be quicker to access

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
btw anyone notice how long it will take to do a clean reformat on ur harddrive... we gonna need new ways to reformat harddrives after 1TB become common

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
btw anyone notice how long it will take to do a clean reformat on ur harddrive... we gonna need new ways to reformat harddrives after 1TB become common

Takes like.. 5 sec for my 250gb? Don't see your problem.

About RAM drives the point is to have only OS and apps installed on it and storage someplace else since you don't need 0,1ms to watch a movie XD And there are already those out with SATA interface that you put in normal DDRs in as many as you like.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I can tell you if something is wrong you'll notice it anyway :p

format c: /q <-- Is the poop :p

Master Summoner
Reaction score

NoPeace - out

Bleh yottabyte more like it. TB drives will be here next year and they will be more than affordable, think about it. 40 gb a while back cost alot. Now 500gb is nothing to what they cost.

Reaction score
Bleh yottabyte more like it. TB drives will be here next year and they will be more than affordable, think about it. 40 gb a while back cost alot. Now 500gb is nothing to what they cost.

TB drives where spoused to be here 2 years ago. =P

But Hatachi has already made them and they will go into retail sale in the next month or so.

NoPeace - out

Back