Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

40" Samsung TV - Red & green "shadows" on dark areas

Reaction score
So I picked up this used TV a while back, knowing it had issues. It seems that only dark areas, and outlines (eg; text, outline of a person on some areas, etc.) show a red & green "shadow" of pixels. I upped the brightness and lowered the contrast a bit, the issue is resolved. However, now the picture is kinda fugly due to the upped brightness. I checked out the main board & TCON board, all seems to be fine visually along with the cables. Internally, not too sure.

This picture I stumbled across seems to be related to my issue, however I am not experiencing it this extreme. Literally, mine is an annoyance, that one is fucked up.
PenguinGuy - 40" Samsung TV - Red & green "shadows" on dark areas - RaGEZONE Forums

Before I go drop some cash for a new TCON board or a LVDS cable, hoping it's one or the other, anyone here knows what could be up?
Thanks.

Mythic Archon
Reaction score
Might be that you've got a defective main board. Try bring up your TV's menu and see if that also has green shadows.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Seems to be the main board. Horrible discoloration on certain parts of the main menu. And when in the service menu, changing the LVDS output format, screws up the menu as well.
Should of did that from the start!

I'll order one here, along with a new LVDS cable as I broke the clips today..
Thanks, Razer.

Mythic Archon
Reaction score
Seems to be the main board. Horrible discoloration on certain parts of the main menu. And when in the service menu, changing the LVDS output format, screws up the menu as well.
Should of did that from the start!

I'll order one here, along with a new LVDS cable as I broke the clips today..
Thanks, Razer.

Glad to help and good luck. :)

Back