Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

ACER Computers

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
What do you think about ACER computers?

I want to buy a new laptop, where I could play games and do business stuff (Coding, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc).

I found a laptop on AMAZON, but its brand is ACER. I've never owned an ACER before, so I don't know if I should buy it.

These are the specs:

Acer Aspire V3-572G-54S6 Gaming Laptop

15.6-inch WLED Backlit Screen with Acer CineCrystal Technology (1366x768)

4th Gen Intel Dual-Core i5-4210U Processor 1.7GHz, boost up to 2.7GHz

8GB DDR3L SDRAM / 1TB 5400rpm HDD

NVIDIA GeForce 840M 2GB Graphics / 6-cell Li-ion Battery (up to 7.5 hrs)

Windows 8.1 (64 bit) Operating System

Price: 670 USD.

I must buy the laptop from AMAZON because I am using their gift cards. If you know another laptop that has the same specs for the same price range please let me know.

Pessimistic butt@%&!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Here's what I do to get the best option for my customers....go here scroll down and type in what games you want to test the machine on...it will tell you how it will do.

I tested that laptop on Crysis 3 and Farcry 4 at 1080p and it gave it Gold ratings...meaning it would play them on High or better settings.

$600 for a laptop that plays Crysis 3 on high sounds like a good deal to me....only issue I might have is Acer is not known for their batteries...short battery life is something that has plagued them for a while now.

Reaction score
Here's what I do to get the best option for my customers....go here scroll down and type in what games you want to test the machine on...it will tell you how it will do.

I tested that laptop on Crysis 3 and Farcry 4 at 1080p and it gave it Gold ratings...meaning it would play them on High or better settings.

$600 for a laptop that plays Crysis 3 on high sounds like a good deal to me....only issue I might have is Acer is not known for their batteries...short battery life is something that has plagued them for a while now.

To be quite honest, not like we can expect much life out of gaming laptop anyway. My laptop lasts me under 2 hours unplugged... however that is with 2x 650m SLI running at 1920x1080. :rolleyes:

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I had an Acer a few years ago which ran terribly. Constantly running at a temperature of 90 degrees (Celsius) despite all costs to try and bring the temperature down. because of this, it dried out the heat sync compound and fried the graphics chip. Literally. I think what you need to do is read reviews from other buyers and look at the cooling system. If you notice the air intake or output is on the bottom leave it as that. Anyone who designs an in or output for cooling on the bottom of something is a moron.
I cant remember the specs of the laptop, but that wasn't the main issue at all.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I've read some reviews and the 70% of them are positives.

I am not an intense gamer, as long as it runs Dota 2 on high performance I am good.

Slothstronaut
Loyal Member
Reaction score
My Aunt and Uncle had an Acer and it ran pretty good most of the time. Although it was a few years ago so I wasn't playing any of the newer more performance demanding games.

Back