Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

AMD Sempron 3400+ Problems

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Ok, well really long back ago in a game called Maple Story I hacked in it with a simple cheat engine called Moonlight engine my computer kept crashing and a tutorial came out on how to stop that. At the time I was a noob at computers, hacking, etc. So I did not know what it would do. So I followed the guide which brought me to make my dual core into a single core...I run a Windows XP Media Center Edition Acer Aspire 3100, AMD Sempron processor 3400 1.8GHz, 256KB, L2 cache, ATI Radeon Xpress 1100,came with 512 ram I overclocked it to 3 Gigs, but that's the thing my processor is only running at HALF of that GHz it's running at 789MHz exactly and that happened to me right after I uninstalled my dual core. Anyways I need help on how to reinstall it I tried reinstalling the other one but then they just switch and I can't use both at the sametime for some reason. Anyways thanks.

,Alan

PS: I have posted this in like 3 different sites and so far no body has answered me.
gigorga - AMD Sempron 3400+ Problems - RaGEZONE Forums

Also heres a picture of my computers properties as you see 789 MHz and in the other window 1.8GHz

Also if you think that is vista, it is not. It is only a Theme.

Also my laptops disc drive isn't reading DVD-R but the other day it was doing it just fine? I'm trying to burn GTA 3 San Andreas for my friend but it doesn't seem to read Verbatim DVD+R. Can anybody help me with that too?
I have this program called DVDinfoPRO and it shows that my both E and F disc drives can read DVD+R but yet I put it in only to burn a game and it doesn't? Also my laptop can read CD+R just fine...

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure you should block out that activation code. Wish I could help you.

BTW, nice fake windows vista, is that the isso pack?

Yeah I believe so it is, Ok I removed my picture I'm gonna add it back but with my product key removed lmao thanks. Ok there you go I re-uploaded the picture. Also my laptops disc drive isn't reading DVD-R but the other day it was doing it just fine? I'm trying to burn GTA 3 San Andreas for my friend but it doesn't seem to read Verbatim DVD+R. Can anybody help me with that too?

Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score
well for 1 thing you cant uninstall dual core or switch dual to single core.....
2. sempron 3400+ is a single core processor.
3. its at 789MHz cause your not doing anything (look up Cool'n'Quiet)
4. you cant overclock ram to 3 gigs you can install some o_O

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
well for 1 thing you cant uninstall dual core or switch dual to single core.....
2. sempron 3400+ is a single core processor.
3. its at 789MHz cause your not doing anything (look up Cool'n'Quiet)
4. you cant overclock ram to 3 gigs you can install some o_O

1. Really? Well I did something because, I followed a tutorial to remove a driver then restart my computer. But I did it wrong and I lost all my drivers but I reinstalled most of them except my PCI something but everytime I search for new hardware I cannot find it anymore.(I'm sorry I just remembered that it was like PCI Device.)
2.Really? Then why does it say on my laptop the Acer sticker Mobile AMD Sempron processor 3400+ (1.8GHz, 256KB L2 Cache) If it's only 789 and when I got my laptop it was 1.6GHz.
3.Cause I'm not doing anything what do you mean? I'll search up cool'n'quiet on google one sec.
4.Oh my bad yes I did install some I bought a 2 gig kingston at bestbuy and bought a 1 Gig Kingston at bestbuy also.

Cool'n'Quiet: So you mean right?

Ok well know I know what it means but how can I fix this so I can make my processor 1.6GHz again?

Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score
it's 789 cause your not doing anything it'll go back up to 1.8GHz as soon as something needs more power.
you cant turn it off. it automatically reduces the power n stuff.
it's PowerNow! for laptops Cool'n'Quiet for desktops.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
it's 789 cause your not doing anything it'll go back up to 1.8GHz as soon as something needs more power.
you cant turn it off. it automatically reduces the power n stuff.
it's PowerNow! for laptops Cool'n'Quiet for desktops.

Ahhhh, ok thank you but how come I cannot play games that need like over 1 GHz processor? Like GTA San Andreas needs 1.5GHz or .6 required minimum like 1GHz. Or a simple bad car game such as TrackMania low graphics and everything. I can't even play that with it's graphics all the way down. I cannot play DRIV3R just plain to laggy. Does this have to do with my video card (128 MB) ?? Also is my video card onboard as in comes with my laptop and I cannot switch it? Or buy a new one? Also my acer comes with something called EPoweringtechnology.

Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score
yea 95% laptops have onboard gfx including yours. you can delete the empowering technologie it just slows your pc down its like shortcuts to things its useless.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
yea 95% laptops have onboard gfx including yours. you can delete the empowering technologie it just slows your pc down its like shortcuts to things its useless.

Ok, thanks a lot dude, but I've heard on google that there is a extra video card chip thingy that you can add to help your video card it doesn't help a lot but it still helps.

Reaction score
Ok, thanks a lot dude, but I've heard on google that there is a extra video card chip thingy that you can add to help your video card it doesn't help a lot but it still helps.

As far as i know, nothing like that exists... there are supposed to be external graphics cards for laptops, but with your system specs it won't help.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
The extra video card chip is your integrated. That's for desktop, when you install one you have another integrated on the motherboard. As far as I know, Sempron is Single-Core, and you can't overclock your RAM to 3GB. You have to buy.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
As far as i know, nothing like that exists... there are supposed to be external graphics cards for laptops, but with your system specs it won't help.

Ok thank you I guess I'll just buy another Laptop or Desktop. But I just wanna know, Is it cause of my Video card that I can't play games such as, Gears of War, Halo 1&2, TrackMania, GTA San Andreas?

Legendary Battlemage
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Ok thank you I guess I'll just buy another Laptop or Desktop. But I just wanna know, Is it cause of my Video card that I can't play games such as, Gears of War, Halo 1&2, TrackMania, GTA San Andreas?

There's a 90% chance that that's exactly the problem.

Back