Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

AMD Vs Intel! Witch is better?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A hard working geek :-)
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I've had Vista since it was out on Beta.. I'll just throw it on, give it a whirl on one of ym spare drives.. and see if its enjoyable at all now.. I know the driver support wont work well at all for gaming, much less the other thigns I do on computer.. but it would be neat to check it out ;)

Reaction score
I've had Vista since it was out on Beta.. I'll just throw it on, give it a whirl on one of ym spare drives.. and see if its enjoyable at all now.. I know the driver support wont work well at all for gaming, much less the other thigns I do on computer.. but it would be neat to check it out ;)

nVidia newest drivers is said to have fixed most of the performance problems. I should give it a try myself. Right now my wife's computer is only running one of her 2 7800 GTXs and it would be cool to see what SLI performance is like on Vista.

NoPeace - out

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
AMD - Simply, the best;) (Doggg mark :p)..,
i'll say only 1 thing : AMD can live at more C" Intel, Dies in that testXD

Reaction score
AMD - Simply, the best;) (Doggg mark :p)..,
i'll say only 1 thing : AMD can live at more C" Intel, Dies in that testXD

Both of the new Intel and AMD processors can handle the same temps. And that doesn't mean a damn thing.

Never the less. Intel performs better then AMD and runs cooler.

How about better for overclocking?

Intel.

All Core 2 Duos can hit 3.0-3.2ghz on stock voltage. In some cases it's only a few hundred mhz jump and in other cases like the 1.8ghz ones. It's a massive jump.

For AMD's it's about 2.8-3.0ghz. The new 6000+ can get to about 3.4ghz. But then again that's a $500 processor and the e6700 can do the same.

And at the same speed in terms of mhz. The Intel one will win.

NoPeace - out

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Both of the new Intel and AMD processors can handle the same temps. And that doesn't mean a damn thing.

Never the less. Intel performs better then AMD and runs cooler.

Intel.

All Core 2 Duos can hit 3.0-3.2ghz on stock voltage. In some cases it's only a few hundred mhz jump and in other cases like the 1.8ghz ones. It's a massive jump.

For AMD's it's about 2.8-3.0ghz. The new 6000+ can get to about 3.4ghz. But then again that's a $500 processor and the e6700 can do the same.

And at the same speed in terms of mhz. The Intel one will win.

NoPeace - out

DO you really Know What is means that 6000+???? if you google it you will understand that intels are crap

Reaction score
DO you really Know What is means that 6000+???? if you google it you will understand that intels are crap

Do I?

More like do you?

The 6000+ is a single FX-74 ported down to the AM2 940-pin plat form. It is a dual core CPU running at 3.0ghz with 1mb L2 cache per core.

So how does that tell me that it's faster? What does tell if it's better or not is reviews and they say something different.

In all but memory bandwidth tests. The e6700 (dual 2.66ghz w/ 2mb shared L2 cache), which costs the same as the 6000+, out performs it by a large margin. If that's not bad enough. The cheaper e6600 (dual 2.4ghz w/ 2mb shared L2 cache), which costs $200usd less then the 6000+, out performs in most cases and in the cases it doesn't. The speed difference between the 6000+ and e6400 is none.

And if you about to say something stupid like the 6000+ means it is equal to a 6ghz CPU then you can say the same about the 6600 equals a 6.6ghz one.

So please do show me where AMD CPUs are better then Intel ones? And if you can I'll give you my e6700.

Fan boys like you put a bad name on good companies like AMD. I am a huge fan of theirs and have bought a lot of my stuff from them and even perform their setups. But the fact of the matter is. Right now the Core 2 series CPU's are the best. Both in price to performance and performance to watt.

If there is any AMD setup at the moment that I would consider getting form AMD, it would be the Quad FX. Just because it's a good dual Opteron setup that uses unbuffered DDR2 memory and supports SLI. But will I get one over a QX6700? Hell no when there is only 1 over priced motherboard for it and the 2 CPU's will cost $1100 compared to the QX6700 which costs $999. So a Quad FX system will cost a total of $1500 for just the board and processors and the QX setup will cost $1250. So it's overpriced and in terms of power. The QX6700 is faster and uses half the power!

Not until AMD releases their next gen K10 CPUs this fall will they have any hope in touching the performance of the Core 2 processors.

NoPeace - out

Loyal Member
Reaction score
Truly Spoken.

Im sure NoPeace recognizes me as a die hard AMD fan.. but right now I will put the foot down and say, if AMD wasnt coming out with their new chips in the next few quarters, I would order up a brand new Intel setup to tide me over.. but I'm a fan of waiting.. and Im itchign to see what AMD can pull out of the theoretical hat ;)

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well,
Whats the buttom line?
I think ill wait till Intel will release thier new proccessor and then ill se what and when, But still...im so not sure...i had Intel proccessors all my life..and you know..They never really were good...im kinda sure that AMD will be next for me...im still not sure.
As about the V-card,ill choose ATI When the will release thier new cards:p

Reaction score
Truly Spoken.

Im sure NoPeace recognizes me as a die hard AMD fan.. but right now I will put the foot down and say, if AMD wasnt coming out with their new chips in the next few quarters, I would order up a brand new Intel setup to tide me over.. but I'm a fan of waiting.. and Im itchign to see what AMD can pull out of the theoretical hat ;)

Watched the demo for the AMD quad cores yet? Seems like it's going to be an interesting thing coming up.

And I am too a die hard AMD fan. Though I also cannot wait for ever and am greedy. So the best bang for my buck is what I get. And right now Intel is a mile away in performance to watt then AMD.

I would so love to get a QuadFX setup but the amount of power it draws compared to a simple Intel quad core is just stupid. Running two CPUs at 110w a piece is just not worth it when a single 120w one will out perform the two. Not only does QuadFX cost more but you have to worry about extra power and cooling. No way I am going to be spending an extra $75 for a water block when I don't need to. =P

Though dual K10 CPU's will be a force to reckon with. 8 ultra efficient cores compared to 2+2 efficient cores of the Intel's. :drool:

Then again it might be a good idea to get a cheap pair of FX-70 at about $600 and drop in a K10 or two when they come out. :scratch:

Just sucks that there is only an over priced ASUS board for QuadFX. :cry:

Well,
Whats the buttom line?
I think ill wait till Intel will release thier new proccessor and then ill se what and when, But still...im so not sure...i had Intel proccessors all my life..and you know..They never really were good...im kinda sure that AMD will be next for me...im still not sure.
As about the V-card,ill choose ATI When the will release thier new cards:p

The next Intel? The Core 3 series wont be out until well after Q2 2008 when 45nm stuff comes out.

And Intel's P4 and PD series were crap. Though their P3 was great. After all the Core architecture is based off of the old P3 one. It's like they totally fucked up with the P4's and decided to go back to the ways of the P3 with the Centrino processors and from them evolved the Core and Core 2 processors.

NoPeace - out

Loyal Member
Reaction score
Hell, my current setup nets me great FPS, perfect system stability, and everythign runs nice and quick.. my good ol 3700 San Diego was/is a good chip for cookin through stuff.. ALthough, when Im oldbg'ing an active DLL, thats when I wish I had a dual core chip, or reading packets or whatnot.. i coudl jsut drag it off to my other monitor and let it do its thing whiel I continue with my main stuff.

Reaction score
Hell, my current setup nets me great FPS, perfect system stability, and everythign runs nice and quick.. my good ol 3700 San Diego was/is a good chip for cookin through stuff.. ALthough, when Im oldbg'ing an active DLL, thats when I wish I had a dual core chip, or reading packets or whatnot.. i coudl jsut drag it off to my other monitor and let it do its thing whiel I continue with my main stuff.

Yeah that's the great part about dual cores. You can do something CPU intensive and it wont kill your system.

I just can't believe how I went doing stuff like that with out them. Hell even now 2 cores isn't enough when I really get going. Though I doubt I'll ever be able to use up an 8-way system with just single threaded apps. O.O

NOpeace - out

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
your last computer is strong enought uptill now. your computer can handle almost every game. maybe u want to run xp-vista~
and my opinion is wait a short moment.new cpus with 4 core or more will come out quickly~
AMD'cpu is better in media
INTER's is better in data
though AMD cpu's frequency is lower,the capability is more or less the same.

Reaction score
your last computer is strong enought uptill now. your computer can handle almost every game. maybe u want to run xp-vista~
and my opinion is wait a short moment.new cpus with 4 core or more will come out quickly~
AMD'cpu is better in media
INTER's is better in data
though AMD cpu's frequency is lower,the capability is more or less the same.

1) 4-core CPUs have been out since last November
2) Intel CPUs are better in everything
3) Both AMD and Intel have the same frequency now (1.8, 2.0, 2.4, 2.66, 2.93 for Intel and 1.8, 2.0, 2.2, 2.4, 2.6, 2.8, 3.0 for AMD)

NoPeace - out

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
nopeace pulling out the big guns :) haha.

anyways, im also the die hard AMD fan, im waiting to c wat amd pulls out of the hat to compare with intel, if its worth it im going straight for it, also thinking if it might be worth the cash to bust of ati/amd new cards when they arrive.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
for overclock best is AMD i think, i tryed with Semron on 1.6 2.6+ to 2.9Ghz with MSI sup board, it was not stable but verry hight, stable at 2.4ghz, but if meth is not MSI u can't clock it more than 2.3 or 2.4 and a verry big COOLING FAN (or wather fan.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back