Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

AMD Vs Intel! Witch is better?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Do I?

More like do you?

The 6000+ is a single FX-74 ported down to the AM2 940-pin plat form. It is a dual core CPU running at 3.0ghz with 1mb L2 cache per core.

So how does that tell me that it's faster? What does tell if it's better or not is reviews and they say something different.

In all but memory bandwidth tests. The e6700 (dual 2.66ghz w/ 2mb shared L2 cache), which costs the same as the 6000+, out performs it by a large margin. If that's not bad enough. The cheaper e6600 (dual 2.4ghz w/ 2mb shared L2 cache), which costs $200usd less then the 6000+, out performs in most cases and in the cases it doesn't. The speed difference between the 6000+ and e6400 is none.

And if you about to say something stupid like the 6000+ means it is equal to a 6ghz CPU then you can say the same about the 6600 equals a 6.6ghz one.

So please do show me where AMD CPUs are better then Intel ones? And if you can I'll give you my e6700.

Fan boys like you put a bad name on good companies like AMD. I am a huge fan of theirs and have bought a lot of my stuff from them and even perform their setups. But the fact of the matter is. Right now the Core 2 series CPU's are the best. Both in price to performance and performance to watt.

If there is any AMD setup at the moment that I would consider getting form AMD, it would be the Quad FX. Just because it's a good dual Opteron setup that uses unbuffered DDR2 memory and supports SLI. But will I get one over a QX6700? Hell no when there is only 1 over priced motherboard for it and the 2 CPU's will cost $1100 compared to the QX6700 which costs $999. So a Quad FX system will cost a total of $1500 for just the board and processors and the QX setup will cost $1250. So it's overpriced and in terms of power. The QX6700 is faster and uses half the power!

Not until AMD releases their next gen K10 CPUs this fall will they have any hope in touching the performance of the Core 2 processors.

NoPeace - out

6 ghz blahah, who will say it ?

AMD have processors released with 4 middles with alot cache.
Intel also have but,

What do u think for Hyper Transport? does AMD's HT = Intel's Hyper Threading?
answer is NO, when u enable Htransport from the Bios on AMD processor it gets a Hight Bandwich transport.
Intels Hthreading gets like 1 more processor, but it makes only Lag, i am telling it to you koz i have seed AMD and INTEL 1vss1 , with my friends we maked lots of test (procsts) , and intel geted only 7 from 20 test on alot of programs. but, if you convert videos it takes 50% if thr is on, if not 90/100%,
but that is only a fake, and u can't run MU and Video converter like mu will take 50% and video converter will take 50%, but when u paly its like 1 fps:eek:.
Also what do Intel have for live of their processors?, they have nothing, but almost All amd's have Therminal Throttling, it begins from 12.5%, so if your comp temperature gets hight this option takes some Mhz like for 50% it will take ~30% from cpu when it get hight temperature, it gets an empty cikles in ur processor, 1.6-30% = little lag, and for a little time ur temp is down.

If you wan the real Proof Take 2 CPU's (if u have money) with Good mb and almost = processors amd and intel, Simply, First test it with some Games and look the difference.:matrix:

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
dont u just hate when noobs rush in threads dont even read everything and just write random crap (like amd owns intel )because they r a fanboy

looks like this thread is full of them

and omg @ shang , never have i seen such ignorance
not even worth replying
ill just let nopeace do it (yet again)

Reaction score
for overclock best is AMD i think, i tryed with Semron on 1.6 2.6+ to 2.9Ghz with MSI sup board, it was not stable but verry hight, stable at 2.4ghz, but if meth is not MSI u can't clock it more than 2.3 or 2.4 and a verry big COOLING FAN (or wather fan.)

Wow... I can clock a 1.8ghz C2D to 3.5-3.7ghz if I wanted to and it'll be STABLE.

Now how is AMD better for overclocking? They were back a few years ago. The Athlon XP was a great and easy to overclock CPU and so was the early A64 ones.

Now they are very limited as most run at max speed.

With the Core 2 Duos you can easily get 100% OC on the low end ones and over 50% OC on the high end ones. AMD's cannot do that at all.

And MSI boards are not the best for overclocking. My top of the line MSI board cannot even handle overclocking and my old top of the line one for the A64 processors couldn't overclock nearly as high as my DFI boards for the same processors.

6 ghz blahah, who will say it ?

AMD have processors released with 4 middles with alot cache.
Intel also have but,

4 middles? What are you talking about you noob? Do you mean cores? If that's the case AMD doesn't have a 4 core CPU. They will be releasing a 4 core one for the server/workstation market next Fall and next year you'll see it for the desktop.

What do u think for Hyper Transport? does AMD's HT = Intel's Hyper Threading?

When did I ever say that you dope?

answer is NO, when u enable Htransport from the Bios on AMD processor it gets a Hight Bandwich transport.

You don't enable it. It's a built in memory controller on the CPU itself.

And what is hight bandwcih transport? You are making up words now aren't you.

It's called Hyper Transport. And basically it is increased bandwidth between the memory and CPU as data doesn't need to go thought the chipset to reach the CPU as it directly goes to it.

Intels Hthreading gets like 1 more processor, but it makes only Lag, i am telling it to you koz i have seed AMD and INTEL 1vss1 , with my friends we maked lots of test (procsts) , and intel geted only 7 from 20 test on alot of programs. but, if you convert videos it takes 50% if thr is on, if not 90/100%,

You do realize that hyper threading has been out of CPUs since the PD came out. It was only used on the newer P4s and PD EE CPUs.

And it doesn't make it lag. It gives you the ability to use another thread at the same time. It does limits your overall performance to add the expandability.

And it is also obvious you have not even seen or use the new Intel processors. The Core and Core 2 series CPU's are the fastest out there.

As you told me to look at google I suggest you do the same as you can find tomes of reviews of the current Intel and AMD CPUs and you'll see who wins.

but that is only a fake, and u can't run MU and Video converter like mu will take 50% and video converter will take 50%, but when u paly its like 1 fps:eek:.

That's not a CPU related problem but a video card related one. So you can't say it's because of the CPU. I have done video converting and payed a game on an HT enabled CPU and it made it nicer to run compared to when it was off.

And how do you call it a fake? It is a CPU that can handle 2 per core instead of 1. Nothing fake about that.

Also what do Intel have for live of their processors?, they have nothing, but almost All amd's have Therminal Throttling, it begins from 12.5%, so if your comp temperature gets hight this option takes some Mhz like for 50% it will take ~30% from cpu when it get hight temperature, it gets an empty cikles in ur processor, 1.6-30% = little lag, and for a little time ur temp is down.

You are joking right? Intel has had it in their notebook chips ever since AMD came out with the Cool'n'Quite technology that is thermal throttling.

And guess what? All 600 series P4 processors, PD processors, Core processors, and Core 2 processors supports thermal throttling and it's called Intel Speed Step.

If you wan the real Proof Take 2 CPU's (if u have money) with Good mb and almost = processors amd and intel, Simply, First test it with some Games and look the difference.:matrix:

Oh I have.

I have owned all of the following e6700, two 4800+, a 4000+, a P4 2.8b, a P4 2.4b, a PM 1.5ghz, and CD T2400.

So don't tell me what they can and can't do. I have use the P4, A64, A64 x2, PM, CD, and C2D extensively and know first hand that the current Intel chips are best.

Also double posting is against the rules.

dont u just hate when noobs rush in threads dont even read everything and just write random crap (like amd owns intel )because they r a fanboy

looks like this thread is full of them

and omg @ shang , never have i seen such ignorance
not even worth replying
ill just let nopeace do it (yet again)

It's so bloody annoying. He thinks he knows all about it because he has tested stuff from a few years ago. -.-

Sure they were best back then but compared to the CPU's of today they are just a joke.

He also has the nerve to tell me I'm wrong and start making up random names and saying who uber leet they are when they are not even real.

Not to mention he tells me to use google and find out the information. Hell if here were to use it. The first 5 sites that pop up will contradict all of his fan boyish talk. -.-

Anyways he is getting a warn for double posting.

NoPeace - out

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
im soo tired
@ NoPeace, what u will finally say which is better Amd or Intel?
if we don't talk for nbks.
here 4 Middles processor = 4 Core -Yes.
my friend have Amd 4 Cores processor, maybe its 1 in all world?

i don't knowed that double post will warn sm1
and i don't read full rules, koz i don't have a time to do it.
but i will read it...

Reaction score
im soo tired
@ NoPeace, what u will finally say which is better Amd or Intel?
if we don't talk for nbks.

Which is better? Read my posts. I've said it many times and you have argued the opposite several times.

And if your friend has a 4-core AMD processor he is lying as they don't exist. There are just a few of them out there and they are for only a very few lucky people to look at.

If he does have 4 cores then it's either dual dual-core CPUs or four single-core CPUs. Either way I doubt your friend has the $2500-4000 to spend on just CPUs and a motherboard.

i don't knowed that double post will warn sm1
and i don't read full rules, koz i don't have a time to do it.
but i will read it...

Well then if you don't have the time to read the rules then don't bother posting. And here is another infraction for this stupid comment. You are to read the rules before posting next time.

NoPEace - out

A hard working geek :-)
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Someone has enough time to write out a half a page of flip flobbing floober flaps (noob ideas) but doesnt have the 2 minutes to read some VERY standard forum rules... Ouch, I think my brain hurts from trying to figure out how people can be so bluntly slow. :-(

Anyways, all the information provided in the last couple pages is enough for most anyone to reach a conclusion if you had a question about AMD/Intel CPU's.. feel free to throw in an arguable opinion (Please, make it a valid argument) so we can discuss it some more! This type of information is what helps future computer literate geeks (Go Literacy!) get some information to help impress their less then literate counterparts ;)

Reaction score
Someone has enough time to write out a half a page of flip flobbing floober flaps (noob ideas) but doesnt have the 2 minutes to read some VERY standard forum rules... Ouch, I think my brain hurts from trying to figure out how people can be so bluntly slow. :-(

Anyways, all the information provided in the last couple pages is enough for most anyone to reach a conclusion if you had a question about AMD/Intel CPU's.. feel free to throw in an arguable opinion (Please, make it a valid argument) so we can discuss it some more! This type of information is what helps future computer literate geeks (Go Literacy!) get some information to help impress their less then literate counterparts ;)

Lmfao... Thanks for bringing a good laugh to this thread. =P

NoPeace - out

A hard working geek :-)
Loyal Member
Reaction score
There's no better way to impress a lady at a bar, then to approach her spouting numeral rationals on the overclocking of the latest tech CPU and GPU's ;)

Master Summoner
Reaction score
There's no better way to impress a lady at a bar, then to approach her spouting numeral rationals on the overclocking of the latest tech CPU and GPU's ;)

Touche, sir.

lol

THe ultimate aphrodisiac.

Reaction score

And if your friend has a 4-core AMD processor he is lying as they don't exist. There are just a few of them out there and they are for only a very few lucky people to look at.

If he does have 4 cores then it's either dual dual-core CPUs or four single-core CPUs. Either way I doubt your friend has the $2500-4000 to spend on just CPUs and a motherboard.

something tells me he is basing his entire argument on what his friend showed him. and something also tells me that is the same friend of his who had the 99ghz cpu :p

Divine Celestial
Loyal Member
Reaction score
something tells me he is basing his entire argument on what his friend showed him. and something also tells me that is the same friend of his who had the 99ghz cpu :p

I think there is only one explanation for this... HIS FRIEND IS FROM THE FUTURE! OMG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back