Anti-cheat Protection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    MemberRank
    Oct 2018 Join Date
    18Posts

Anti-cheat Protection

Anti-cheat Protection
    Hello! Do you use obfuscation in your projects?I mean anti-cheat protection in games. What tricks do you use against hacking?

BannedRank
    Oct 2018 Join Date
    function{}Location
    91Posts

Re: Anti-cheat Protection

add some hex code on the source that can be possible hacking tools target and add also auto ban for third attempt and close the client automatically

MemberRank
    Oct 2018 Join Date
    18Posts

Thanks for advice. I'll try to use

MemberRank
    Oct 2018 Join Date
    7Posts

You should think about how you can to limit the user's influence on your program.Create a list of weaknesses and try to ensure their protection

MemberRank
    Oct 2018 Join Date
    18Posts

Thanks, that sounds reasonable.
    I would like to know about specific solutions. Maybe someone has good guides, examples?

BannedRank
    Oct 2018 Join Date
    function{}Location
    91Posts

get some idea project on github theres alot ideas you can get when you start making protection

MemberRank
    Oct 2018 Join Date
    7Posts

Yes, there are many great solutions to the GitHub.
    Also, you can find a huge variety of software offering their solutions in Google.
    As I said, sometimes I use ArmDot for obfuscation.
    I also read about such trifles: you can give the variables obscure names so that the attacker could not immediately understand that this is also used for what. But for an experienced cheater, this can be easy) I do not know what the effectiveness of this method

MemberRank
    Oct 2018 Join Date
    18Posts

Thanks for participating! You gave me good ideas!If you have more ideas, be free to write here.

BannedRank
    Oct 2018 Join Date
    function{}Location
    91Posts

Quote Originally Posted by APope View Post
    Thanks for participating! You gave me good ideas!If you have more ideas, be free to write here.
    can you tell me in what game your AC project?

MemberRank
    Oct 2018 Join Date
    18Posts

This game has not yet been released. This is a bit like a Samurai Boy game.

MemberRank
    Dec 2018 Join Date
    13Posts

As has been mentioned above, github is a good place to start.
    However, if you have more advanced knowledge surrounding the development - I would suggest attempting to craft something yourself, however unfortunately there are not many guides on how to do this.
    Feel free to contact me if you need anything else. :)

MemberRank
    Oct 2018 Join Date
    18Posts

Thank you, your advice is very important to me.But I doubt that I can do it on my own. It will take a looooooot of time)

LegendRank
    May 2006 Join Date
    AZ, USALocation
    2,818Posts

This might be a bit late, but "anti cheat" is a lot simpler than people make it seem.

Instead of treating game servers as a simple transaction engine, you should basically design in a way that you're running the whole world internally, and the interactions of the players are simply "inputs" into your game world model. If something doesn't make sense, then don't do it.

If you're using strong encryption, the only "anti-cheat" is your ability to validate the players' actions as actually happening. If they don't have the items they're dropping or depositing, then ignore it. Make sure you're handling random disconnections and overflows. Make sure that you error handle in a way that doesn't cause a bad game state (the cause of most cheating).

tl;dr: Good design and implementation is your anticheat. Don't trust anything that comes from outside of the server, and validate internally.
    I don't even know what I'm doing anymore

MemberRank
    Oct 2018 Join Date
    18Posts

It is never too late to give good advice.Thanks for the useful information. There is something to think about

Quote Originally Posted by GhostSnyper View Post
    This might be a bit late, but "anti cheat" is a lot simpler than people make it seem.

Instead of treating game servers as a simple transaction engine, you should basically design in a way that you're running the whole world internally, and the interactions of the players are simply "inputs" into your game world model. If something doesn't make sense, then don't do it.

If you're using strong encryption, the only "anti-cheat" is your ability to validate the players' actions as actually happening. If they don't have the items they're dropping or depositing, then ignore it. Make sure you're handling random disconnections and overflows. Make sure that you error handle in a way that doesn't cause a bad game state (the cause of most cheating).

tl;dr: Good design and implementation is your anticheat. Don't trust anything that comes from outside of the server, and validate internally.
    Basically your whole paragraph is just a Spam dude.
    Everyone who want to use Anti-Cheat already processed this in their mind.

It like tell a baby to crawl since they cant walk yet..
    Its logically. Wtf are u getting into?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Advertisement