Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Antivirus

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hello All,

I am very confused that which antivirus use in my pc, because a lot of antivirus is available on market but choosing best antivirus is so difficult. So please tell me that which antivirus install in my pc. Some friends suggest to me Avast and .

I am waiting your reply.....

Thanks in advance !!

Reaction score
Use Microsoft Security Essentials or Windows Defender depending on your version of Windows. They're both free and regularly updated antivirus software for Windows. Nothing else is required and nothing else needs to be used.

MSSE/Windows Defender (Win 8) combined with Adblock Plus and noscript in your browser will prevent 99% of infections. The other 1% is user error downloading and running poop you shouldn't be, common in torrents and in the game hacking community. Make sure your downloads are from a trusted source and you'll never get infections.

Now you can tag me!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Personally I'm using Bitdefender, but it's not free though. At least not the package I have, which is called Total Security. I think it's amazing, and it have scored well on a bunch of tests. I also use Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for scans once in awhile.

Adblock Plus is also essential! :):

◝(⁰▿⁰)◜Smile◝ (⁰▿⁰)◜
Developer
Reaction score
Use Microsoft Security Essentials or Windows Defender
My teacher taught me that Windows Defender is NOT a virus scanner and that you should get a decent one.

I prefer Avira after a long search after a decent anti-virus. The only downside is that it shows an advertisement on a regular base. It's secure and fast, I noticed that it doesn't decrease my system performance that much then an other anti-virus.

Reaction score
My teacher taught me that Windows Defender is NOT a virus scanner and that you should get a decent one.

I prefer Avira after a long search after a decent anti-virus. The only downside is that it shows an advertisement on a regular base. It's secure and fast, I noticed that it doesn't decrease my system performance that much then an other anti-virus.

You should find a new teacher. Windows Defender is Microsoft Security Essentials for Windows 8, which both are literally Microsoft's free proprietary antivirus and antispyware/malware software. Enlighten yourself.

◝(⁰▿⁰)◜Smile◝ (⁰▿⁰)◜
Developer
Reaction score
You should find a new teacher. Windows Defender is Microsoft Security Essentials for Windows 8, which both are literally Microsoft's free proprietary antivirus and antispyware/malware software. Enlighten yourself.

Windows 8 didn't exist when he taught it to me. I didn't even know they had upgraded it to an anti-virus. Thanks for telling me. I should do my homework next time :(

Pessimistic butt@%&!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Use Microsoft Security Essentials or Windows Defender depending on your version of Windows. They're both free and regularly updated antivirus software for Windows. Nothing else is required and nothing else needs to be used.

MSSE/Windows Defender (Win 8) combined with Adblock Plus and noscript in your browser will prevent 99% of infections. The other 1% is user error downloading and running poop you shouldn't be, common in torrents and in the game hacking community. Make sure your downloads are from a trusted source and you'll never get infections.

I endorse this post! +1

I use Defender and MSSE and Comodo free for my firewall because I don't trust Windows firewall...but thats just me :)

Modeler / C++ Coder
Developer
Reaction score
Windows 8 didn't exist when he taught it to me. I didn't even know they had upgraded it to an anti-virus. Thanks for telling me. I should do my homework next time :(

that is a an all known crappy message from Microsoft... enlighten yourself... and yes its actually really useful lolled :D

Reaction score

Just an FYI - at the time, he was correct. Windows Defender Pre-Windows 8 was not an Anti-virus software it was for Spyware (SpyBot: Search & Destroy was still better). Now it is integrated with Microsoft Security Essentials into an all-in solution, which is the only protection i use on my machines.

Back