Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Best Bittorrent Program?

Reaction score
BitCommet. Tons of features and options that you get with it and it's very light. Uses very little resources and takes up little space on the drive.

And if you get the older version of it (0.53 only) it will allow leeching at full download speeds (if you can connect to enough peers to do it) where as other torrent clients have a download/upload ratio that doesn't allow leeching. I love downloading at 700-800kbs while only uploading at 1kbs. ;)

NoPeace - out

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Azereus, I get low memory usage in Ubuntu and I get full network speeds so meh :p.

Divine Celestial
Loyal Member
Reaction score
u torrent its like 8kb in size!!!!
No, it's more like 80Kb for the earlier versions, and the later ones are ~100Kb.

If someone made an 8Kb torrent client I would definitely use it.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
utorrent

reasons why azureus doesnt beat utorrent

1. it runs off java

2. it takes up abou 25mbs of ram

3. it has an ugly UI

your wrong .... utorrent is fast and effecient. in my opinion i would use this.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
BitComet.

Azereus is an elephant, and uTorrent is like a mouse.

I prefer something not as minimalistic as uTorrent, but not as hueg as Azereus. Also BitComet is the only client I've found that enables the renaming of files in multi-file torrents before they're downloaded (a necessity thanks to the idiots that like to put strange characters in filenames -.-)

i suggest BitComet cause i'm happy with it.

duck you, I'm a dragon
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I use ABC.
Btw, do different clients influence your speeds?

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
try flashget ... all in one.. downloads normal http/ftp files and torrents. :p i found it faster too

for just torrents: azureus
torrent, gunetta1/2, http,ftp : shareaza
http,ftp,torrent : flashget

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I used BitComet before but it tends to be a bit heavy on my computer especially if you left it running the last night. Always need a restart after a few days with BitComet running.

now using uTorrent which seems to work a lot better just having to get used to certain things again.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I use uTorrent now. Love that program. So small and fast. Oh, and azureus has a small virus in it (used to, don't know if it still does). I scanned with with NOD32 or AVG (can't remember) one time and a virus was in it. Though, maybe I downloaded something and the virus got into the program. I don't know, but I haven't used it since.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Akai and you are dumb. these cheap anti viruses sees viruses everywhere.

ups, sorry for dpost. :(

Back