Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Blackberry bold 9700 not starting up

Reaction score
Hello guys,
So my blackberry was stolen last year, and today i could pickup my phone from the police.

I got it back, but it doesn't start up.
I already charged it 3 hours now but it's still not working.
The only thing that i see is a battery symbol with a red line.

When i received my blackberry it had a different battery in it, a battery from the blackberry bold 9000.
Could that be the problem?

I tried to install OS 6 on it from my pc, but when it's installing it says: Cannot connect to phone.

Any help please?

8===D
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Yeah, lol!
Go to a shop ask them to check it.
THEN ask for a estimate.

If it ends up being the battery go to your provider and get a new phone.. thats how it is in Ontario atleast..

Reaction score
It's most likely going to be the battery. Batteries last about the same time as a capri-sun so that is probably the problem. Just purchase a battery off ebay or something, if you want a proper battery which you can definitely confirm hasn't been tampered with in any way, I recommend purchasing a battery from BlackBerry themselves.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Most likely your battery isn't charging. Could be the connection to the battery from inside the charger bit (in device) or the other way around. Your battery isn't getting charge which would make it a battery problem. Take it to a shop and get it tested, best option.

Back