Budget cooler for AMD FX 8350

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Alpha MaleRank
    Aug 2011 Join Date
    2,381Posts

Budget cooler for AMD FX 8350

RaGEZONE Recommends

RaGEZONE Recommends

Hello everyone I have a simple question what cooler is good for the fx 8350 currently I have the stock fan and two fans zip tied to keep the CPU cooled down so three blow down fans but the problem is the sound is ridiculous. But the temps idle between 20-25 and underload is usually around 48-51 are they anything I can get for similar performance. But for a decent budget.

ModeratorRank
    Sep 2011 Join Date
    United KingdomLocation
    2,696Posts

Re: Budget cooler for AMD FX 8350

Hyper 212 EVO. Best budget air cooler at a low price - it's very tall though. Only issue is that it's annoying to set up. It rivals some low-end liquid coolers so it's worth it.
    Last edited by NoBrain; 08-10-17 at 06:55 AM.

Alpha MaleRank
    Aug 2011 Join Date
    2,381Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NoBrain View Post
    Hyper 212 EVO. Best budget air cooler at a low price - it's very tall though. Only issue is that it's annoying to set up. It rivals some low-end liquid coolers so it's worth it.
    I mean i can raise my budget up to around 60-70$ for a cooler but can't really go any higher.

ModeratorRank
    Sep 2011 Join Date
    United KingdomLocation
    2,696Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DragonSeth View Post
    I mean i can raise my budget up to around 60-70$ for a cooler but can't really go any higher.
    It's 30 USD on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/Cooler-Master...dp/B005O65JXI/

Alpha MaleRank
    Aug 2011 Join Date
    2,381Posts

Thank you i bought it last night. Last question should I use the thermal compound that comes with it or buy a different kind.

ModeratorRank
    Sep 2011 Join Date
    United KingdomLocation
    2,696Posts

Thank you i bought it last night. Last question should I use the thermal compound that comes with it or buy a different kind.
    The one that is on it is OK, personally I would change it out for a higher quality paste but it's perfectly OK for the average user.

Woot :D i have a very similar one that i bought 3-4 years ago... its super GOOD specially for old PC towers and old motherboards, ofcourse i have issues when im running out of RAM it starts making noise (cpu high etc) but thats all :)

Alpha MaleRank
    Aug 2011 Join Date
    2,381Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KarLi View Post
    Woot :D i have a very similar one that i bought 3-4 years ago... its super GOOD specially for old PC towers and old motherboards, ofcourse i have issues when im running out of RAM it starts making noise (cpu high etc) but thats all :)
    Yes i got tired of my stock cooler with a zip tied fan on top of it to cool down my CPU so i just bought this hyper 212 evo if it doesn't work i'm gonna buy a noctua DH-15

Alpha MaleRank
    Aug 2011 Join Date
    2,381Posts

Thank you guys for your help but the hyper 212 couldn't cool down the components as i need a top-down cooler because the VRM on my motherboard was reaching over 230c then BSOD. i either need to find a budget top down cooler or a budget water coolering.

ModeratorRank
    Sep 2011 Join Date
    United KingdomLocation
    2,696Posts

Thank you guys for your help but the hyper 212 couldn't cool down the components as i need a top-down cooler because the VRM on my motherboard was reaching over 230c then BSOD. i either need to find a budget top down cooler or a budget water coolering.
    If the VRMs on your motherboard reached 230C you'd be having a lot worse issues, sounds like a sensor is off. The CPU cooler is there to cool the CPU - not to cool the GPU, HDDs, VRMs, etc.

Alpha MaleRank
    Aug 2011 Join Date
    2,381Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NoBrain View Post
    If the VRMs on your motherboard reached 230C you'd be having a lot worse issues, sounds like a sensor is off. The CPU cooler is there to cool the CPU - not to cool the GPU, HDDs, VRMs, etc.
    When did i say cool the GPU? And HDD? You literally brought things in i never said. VRMs on a older platforrm need to be cooled down by the cooler as they will reach hot temps pretty quick without cooling and for the rest of the stuff i have case fans for duh? I have 7 of them for a reason. And your saying i didn't reach 230c on the southbridge VRM for the msi 970 gaming? Really dude i check it with hwinfo monitor. This is why i asked if anyone knew any ideas for a blow down cooler or if water cooling would be a better way.

ModeratorRank
    Sep 2011 Join Date
    United KingdomLocation
    2,696Posts

And your saying i didn't reach 230c on the southbridge VRM for the msi 970 gaming? Really dude i check it with hwinfo monitor.
    If the VRMs actually reached 230C your PC would not boot, so HWInfo is most likely wrong. HWInfo relies on sensors, and yes sensors can go bad and report incorrectly.

Alpha MaleRank
    Aug 2011 Join Date
    2,381Posts

The vrm would only reach that temp during a stress test but the moment I put back on the stock cooler and run the test everything works perfectly fine again as I was reading msi 970 gaming vrm are kinda bad and plus for the fx series its recommended to have a blow down cooler. Because of cooling to the vrm I plan to sell this rig soon due to all the issues so thank you. I might just get the CoolerMaster GeminII S524 Ver2 or NH-C14S so thank you.

Super ModRank
    Apr 2009 Join Date
    The BahamasLocation
    3,692Posts

I'd advise against the Hyper 212. It has had a good run, but its outperformed by the Cryorig H7. If you were to up your budget to around $50 - $60 the Cryorig H5 Ultimate or Universal (if you have tall ram heatspreaders) would be your best bet.

H7:
    https://www.amazon.com/CRYORIG-Tower...rds=cryorig+h7

H5 Ultimate:
    https://www.amazon.com/Cryorig-Ultim...rds=cryorig+h5

H5 Unverisal:
    https://www.amazon.com/Cryorig-Unive...rds=cryorig+h5

"The privilege they never get to know"

Gold SubscriberRank
    Apr 2011 Join Date
    Argentina, CbaLocation
    184Posts