Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Alpha MaleRank
    Aug 2011 Join Date
    2,346Posts

Re: Budget cooler for AMD FX 8350

RaGEZONE Recommends

RaGEZONE Recommends

Quote Originally Posted by scott182 View Post
    Stingy is not the problem learn that everyone doesn't like water cooling that much. Air cooling may not get the same performance but when one of the wires break i can simply replace the fan and not lose my rig due to a water leakage.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by vLife View Post
    I'd advise against the Hyper 212. It has had a good run, but its outperformed by the Cryorig H7. If you were to up your budget to around $50 - $60 the Cryorig H5 Ultimate or Universal (if you have tall ram heatspreaders) would be your best bet.

H7:
    https://www.amazon.com/CRYORIG-Tower...rds=cryorig+h7

H5 Ultimate:
    https://www.amazon.com/Cryorig-Ultim...rds=cryorig+h5

H5 Unverisal:
    https://www.amazon.com/Cryorig-Unive...rds=cryorig+h5
    Yes i have been studying this system a lot. Those coolers are great for cooling the CPU but the problem is they don't cool the VRM on the motherboard so i'm in search of a Blow down cooler i'm thinking about Noctua NH-C14S or CoolerMaster GeminII S524 Ver2 because the cooler needs to the cool the VRM as well the CPU and i refuse to jerry rig 80 MM fans on my VRM for my motherboard. But if it comes to i have to get a tower cooler i will zip tie fans on the vrm i just prefer not doing that ya know? Hyper 212 did a decent job of cooling the cpu idle,and underload but couldn't keep the VRM from hitting 70-80C people will say it's false but when i have multiple programs telling me that the North&South VRM are hitting 70-80C then its time to change coolers. also the H7 i had before as well. It kept everything cool on idle but underload was a different story. Just from running a game i would hit 75C on the CPU almost shutting down the system.

Gold SubscriberRank
    Apr 2011 Join Date
    Argentina, CbaLocation
    175Posts

Good point, although I use it 4 years without problems

Alpha MaleRank
    Aug 2011 Join Date
    2,346Posts

Quote Originally Posted by scott182 View Post
    Good point, although I use it 4 years without problems
    Never said the cooler was bad not what i was saying at all. The FX series has two VRM points which i will point out.

Both of those need to get cooling which tower coolers can't do. Unless i jerry rig a fan to push on both of the VRM. so i need a blow down air cooler to hit on both of those VRM. To better explain my self.

AM4 Motherboard:

Has one VRM to cool the CPU which then you could use a tower cooler cause it will push air through the back a hit the VRM keeping it cool a the same time if you did a push/pull configuration.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Advertisement